Tansy - Doctors visit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Hi Tansy

My GP has given me prescripton for Zopiclone - apparently I was given it by a locum in 2001 but only at half the 7.5 dose and it didnt work - he's asked me to start off with one but graduate to two if necessary. I'll start it tonight.

He also gave me Lyrica for my foot pain, says it's either low B12 or nerve end damage. I've to get B12 blood test.

He agreed to consider B12 injections if I let him read what Sarah Myhill says about it, he seems quite open to allowing me to try things. He's young and has read everything I've given him on M.E.

Thanks for your advice and taking your time on this.

love
    Rosie

[This Message was Edited on 10/03/2005]
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Rosie

Good news about the zopliclone, hope it works for you.

Though I am trying to avoid other meds as much as possible the neuropathic pain is still pretty severe, so I look forward to reading about your experiences with lyrica. The phsyiotherapist I'm seeing now asked about muscle relaxants which I have taken in the past and lyrica, apparently some of his patients with neuropathic pain have done well on the latter.

My B12 test was normal, good in fact. Unfortunately it's not recognised that B12 is used as a treatment as against being Rx for pernicious anaemia. So if your GP is willing to take on board Sarah Myhill's info on it, then you have found one of the good ones.

love, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 10/03/2005]
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I took one of the Zopiclone 7.5 mg and in no time I fell asleep on couch, woke up and was a blethering idior.

Went to bed, it was only 9 and kept my self awake til aroun 11 then conked out, woke at 6-ish and around 7 and immediately got back to sleep. This morning there is no hint of a 'hang over'. I'm amazed! I'll take it later tonight, obviously doenst take as long to act as other meds do with me.

I'm holding off taking the Lyrica until next week just to make sure there are no side effects from Zopiclone. It is only 25mg x 3, and I've seen some people here are taking 450mg a day but doc wants me starting slowly and that suits me.

I'll let you know how I get on with it after I've taken it for a few weeks.

Yes, my GP is brilliant, he's young, he's read everything I've given him after admitting he 'knew nothing about M.E.'.I gave him the Canadian guidelines and a some from Dr Cheyney.

I'm so happy about the zopiclone - I literally havent slept a full night in 20years and although this wasnt a full night, I wasnt awake long enough the two times I awoke to call it much of an interruption.

Posting at 2.54pm - I've noticed I've been really on edge today, shouting at my poor husband, no patience....hope it's not the klonopine. I'll keep trying it anyway.

Thanks again.

love
    Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2005]
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

5. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Rosie

I am delighted zopliclone worked for you; I have a big grin on my face because I know the difference getting some sleep can make. Life without zoplicone just does not bear even thinking about. I just wish more doctors would realise how detrimental profound and chronic sleep deprivation is.

Whilst it has taken an extensive and evolving protocol to get me to this stage, I have no doubt it would not have worked without the sleep zoplicone gives me. There are nights when it only partly works but even that’s better than I had before. The best thing about this sleep med is the reduced risk of tolerance, so there’s a good chance it will go on working for you.

Since we had similar reactions to melatonin, I guessed the zopliclone might work for you.

Love, Tansy