Tansy, Jewel and Simone (NAC?)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kooky, Jul 2, 2008.

1. kooky

kooky New Member

Just in case you don't see my reply, thanks a bunch for your replies.

Why can't you take NAC Tansy? What does Rich say about that?

Interesting, because I had no idea that some of us could not tolerate, I was thinking of trying this for a while.

I decided to come home and wait till the kidneys are sorted out first of all. I suppose the doctors will be upset with me now, it is the third time I do this... but then, my kidneys were not that bad as they are now...

Incidentally, the cardiologist wanted to inject me with NAC IV to "protect" my kidneys. Unfortunately, I am now very skeptical about doctors and most pharmaceuticals, not the NAC in this case, but the contrast dye.

It might be an idea to always investigate before taking anything or being injected with anything. All I can say at this point, is that I was a very healthy individual, till the day I was prescribed an antimalarial prophylaxis containing quinolones derivatives and vaccines.

Since, it has be a slow but sure descent to hell....

They say that side effects are rare, it is in fact quite the opposite....

2. simonedb

simonedb Member

did I post about it before? hard to keep track.
    but yep its true, I cannot tolerate NAC. Gives me power power headache. I forgot the explanation I got at dif places but maybe its a herx, but I think some people are just fine with it, russian roulette per usual.........
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Kooky

If you post asking Richvank for information I am sure he will post it for you. I did not file the info on this loaned computer so do not have direct access to it. There seemed to be two possibly relevant reasons for my problems with this amino acid.

Knowing how our bodies can be adversely affected by invasive medical procedures, and a lack of understanding in the UK on how how ME and CFS affect us, I can understand why you felt it was not worth the risk at this time.

tc, Tansy
  4. simonedb

simonedb Member

thanks for reminder why some people can't take it. I took it last summer couple months after had a tetanus shot (that had mercury, I didnt know, argh) perhaps it mobilized that. man did I get awful headache, disabling.
  5. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

It can also kill Cpn, which can cause a herx.
  6. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

It is the poor man's test for Chlaymdia pneum. Cpn.

I used to take it at night and I would wake up 2 or 3 hours later with a major herx reaction. Sore throat, brain fog, reddened skin, feverish. I thought it was viral.

It kills the Cpn in one of its three life stages.

7. simonedb

simonedb Member

marti do you know if you have that for sure?
    i got a reaction like you described from nadh, too
  8. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I get the reaction from NAC not NADH.

I haven't been tested so I am not 100% sure but I did some research on www.cpnhelp.org and this is one of the tests to see if you might have it.

I hope to get tested in the future but I am gathing a list of test.

9. simonedb

simonedb Member

they both flip my body out.......