Tansy - my home sleep study

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Just got a letter from the consultant on the home sleep study carried out on 29th September.

They have referred me 'for further investigation' to the Edinburgh sleep hospital which has 'a very long waiting list'. His secretary told me it was a year but just have to wait and see.

I'm glad they havent just decided to give me a gum shield.

love
    Rosie
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Rosie

That is encouraging news. The long waiting list just goes to prove that demand for investigations into sleep disorders is higher than the NHS can provide for.

Was the decision to refer you to the Edinburgh sleep hospital based on your home sleep study?

love, Tansy
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

yes I had to have the home sleep study before they would refer me to Edinburgh, the consultant suggested I might just need a gum shield. The home sleep study is only connected to the thumb, there are no probes on the skull or heart or anything, very basic.

From the readings he's decided I need further investigation at Edinburgh which is what I wanted. Thing is, you cant even go private for this in Scotland so I have to just wait. I'm going to call them and see if they have a cancellation list to put me on.

love
    Rosie
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

sounds like a good idea, I hope the hospital are amenable to that. In the meantime you could try a gum shield, using a bite guard did not help my sleep but it helped with other issues.

love, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 10/22/2005]