Tansy - sleep clinics

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I got an early appointment to see consultant in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago.

He confirmed I have sleep apnea and has put me on list for CPAP machine - March 29th to be exact.

He did tell me that they are opening up 2 more sleep clinics in Scotland and so his waiting list should be reduced, meaning I will be seen before March. This is actually better than what I was originally told, that I would have to wait a year.

So there is obviously a great need for sleep clinics - Edinburgh is currently the only one in Scotland and there aren't even any private ones.

love Rosie

2. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Rosie

That is good news, I am really pleased for you.

Knowing you will get treatment earlier must be such a relief; the intervening time won't feel so frustrating now you know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

More sleep clinics being opened highlights the need for them. As my profound insomnia took it's toll no one here could believe the NHS was not prepared to investigate it.

The upside of these new clinics in Scotland is they will be able to demonstrate chronic insomnia, and sleep abnomalities, require more than sleep hygiene and CBT.

I hope you get an earlier appt.

love, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 11/16/2005]