Tansy - zopiclone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Hi Tansy

I tried 3 nights with zopiclone and it helped me sleep really well - over 6 hours without waking.

However, I have a bad reaction to it - irritability, depression and hung over feeling. I only took one each night. I stopped and am back to myself again, only not sleeping. I dont get depressed, I'm quite upbeat with gsoh.

I wish it had worked for me. I took it with ZMA too.

love
    Rosie
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Rosie

What a bummer. The problem with these DDs is the neurotransmitter get messed up but not in the same way for everyone, so perhaps the zopiclone added to your particular imbalances. There's no one sleep med or sleep aid that suits everyone: since we are prone to MCS, paradoxical responses, or problems with meds generally; unexpected reactions are not uncommon.

I guess it's back to the drawing board sleep wise, at least you have a good GP. Hope you find something that works without adverse side effects soon.

love, Tansy
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

rosiebud ... have you tried L-Tryptophan ? ... I'm not sure what your regulations are where you live .. in Canada we have to have a script for it .. I find when I take it a couple of hours before I go to bed and TRY to sleep .. it helps ! It is 500 mgs per 50 pounds of body weight .. it is a more natural med .. but I add it to my regular meds and it helps .. it actually helped the zopiclone I take ( sorry it didn't work out for you though ) .. the L-T might be worth a try though ?
    Fudge : )
    PS .. I think Stormyskye said to add B6 with it so it will metabolize better .. 50 mg
    Good Luck !
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

yes I'm really disappointed especially as I actually got to sleep with the Zopiclone.

I'll look into the meds you suggest Fudge, I do take B6, its in the ZMA I buy from the ProHealth store.

Thanks both

love
    Rosie