Tansy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Hi Tansy

I took doctor info on B12 from the Canadian guidelines and Sarah Myhill and he agreed to give me them. Not twice a week and at a lower dosage because apparently thats what other patients are getting.

The dose is 1000mcg/m and he started me today so I'll let you know if I find any difference, S Myhill suggests 5mg.

He says I probably have nerve end damage in my feet but I dont understand that when I'm not an alcoholic or a diabetic, dont drink at all. I dont understandy why this would start when I got the mumps six months ago and not go away. Anyway I'm hoping B12 might help, I'm also taking B6, B5 and a Bcomplex.

Thanks
    love Rosie
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Rosie

Unfortunately most doctors only use B12 to treat pernicious anaemia, as against using B12 to treat chronic illnesses. Dr Myhill understands the need for higher doses.

I have nerve end damage but no one looked into why; it can happen with various pathogens and neurotoxins. ISAC, the form of coagulation found in many who have these DDs, can cause neuropathies and no doubt the low grade chronic inflammation can too. Vance Spence writes about the vasculits he has found through his research in ME/CFS, so we don't need to drink too much alcohol or be diabetic to have problems like this.

Good luck with the B12. I know several PWME who have these on a regular basis and found it increased their energy levels a bit; nothing dramatic but a welcome increase all the same.

love, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 11/02/2005]
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

my doc isn't interested in trying to find out what's caused the nerve end damage either, he says its probably to do with M.E.

I'm going to stick with the B12 injections for a little while and then ask him to up the dose, worth a try.

In the end I didnt start the Lyrica, the side effects are too scary and I am too sensitive to them.

love
    Rosie