TAPER SCHEDULE FOR PERCOCET

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nyer566, Mar 15, 2010.

1. nyer566

nyer566 New Member

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN FIND A TAPER SCHEDULE TO GET OFF PERCOCET, NOT LONG ACTING OXYCONTIN I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU WOULD POST IT FOR ME. I TAKE 30 MG OF PERCOCET A DAY...THANKS VERY MUCH.
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I would think an excellent source of information would be your pharmacist. I would call him/her and ask for their suggestions.

Or ... have you talked with your doctor to tell him/her that you want to get off the Percocets and how he/she wants you to taper off of them?
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Talking to your Dr. would be the best. Saying you take 30 mg doesn't help much - do you take 3 10mg? One, three times a day?

Don't take advice here - but I'd split one in half maybe to start? Get down to 25 mgs, then 20 after a couple of weeks? You may be able to do it sooner depending on your pain. Your Dr. might even be able to prescribe something that is not quite as strong. But again, your Dr. is the best one to talk to about this. He/She should be very helpful!

Good Luck!
  4. nyer566

nyer566 New Member

I TAKE 2 10/325 MG PERCS A DAY. USUALLY I TAKE ONE IN THE MORNING THEN SPLIT THEM IN HALF AND TAKE ONE EVERY 4 HOURS UNTIL I TAKE 30 MGS, WHICH MY DR PRESCRIBED FOR ME, NOW HE WANTS TO TAKE ME OFF OF THEM BECAUSE THEY AREN'T DOING MUCH FOR MY PAIN ANYMORE. FROM WHAT I HAVE READ A TAPER SCHEDULE WOULD BE DROPPING 10 PERCENT OF YOUR DAILY DOSE EVERY WEEK OR FEW DAYS. OR BETWEEN 5-10 PERCENT, THE LOWER TAPER THE BETTER. BUT I DON'T GO BACK TO THE DR UNTIL APRIL 13 THEN HE IS GOING TO START TO WEAN ME OFF OF THEM. BUT I DON'T KNOW BY HOW MUCH.
  5. nyer566

nyer566 New Member

I MEAN 3 10/325 PERCOCETS A DAY.
  6. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Nyer566 - I do not have a taper schedule for Percocet, but, I was on Norco and quit cold turkey. It was tough, but I did it. I lasted almost 2 months off of it, but the pain was so severe, I had to go back on it.

Do NOT feel inadequate, or like a baby, if you have to go back on the Percocet. Quality of life is what matters most!
  7. nyer566

nyer566 New Member

MY DR SAID THE AMOUNT OF PERCOCET I AM TAKING IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE FOR ME, HE IS NOT WILLING TO GIVE ME MORE AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO TAKE MORE. I DO HOWEVER WANT TO BE PAIN FREE. ISN'T THERE ANY NON NARC MED THAT WORKS FOR FIBRO. I ALSO HAVE DEGENERATIVE DISC DISORDER, ARTHRITIS AND A FEW DISCS OUT, TWO IN MY NECK AND TWO IN MY BACK PLUS 2 BAD KNEES.