Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zggygirl, May 28, 2003.

1. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

does anyone with Fibromyalgia have this syndrome? I was wondering if they were related somehow. It causes burning/pins and needles/numbness in feet and it HURTs alot!
  2. maxicu

maxicu New Member

never knew what it was called, but it feels like a soldering iron is jabbing into my big toe joint! Can't sit on my feet at all, Electric pain! I also have rigid toe syndrome (a type of arthritis where you can't move your big toe)and it's filling in with calcium deposits. There is also numbness between the big toe and second toe. Thought it was just me.
    max
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

No, I have not heard of Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, but have had terrible problems with my feet in the past that sounds just like what you are describing.

After I started taking Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate) and ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6) it all went away, thats over two years ago. I even had a bone spur on my heel.

I used to soak my feet in Epson Salts and Peroxide, it did relieve the misery at least for the night too.

HOpe you get some help soon, that is so miserable.

Again, welcome to both of you!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I have Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome in my right ankle, planters faciitis (bottoms of feet), bone spurs on bottom of each heel and 1 on back of heel.

If you go to a podiatrist he can give you an injection into the ankle which helps.

I can only wear birkenstock shoes now with all my feet problems, not sure if caused by the FMS or if I'm just lucky (LOL) to have another pain to deal with.

Maybe we can tell by how many respond.
  5. KayL

KayL New Member

A coworker/good friend of mine was recently diagnosed with this. He is having Active Release Therapy for it and he thinks it might be helping.

Karen
  6. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Thanks for the input! I have had the shots, no help, orthotics, Electric Muscle Stimulation, etc. No help.
    I've taken zinc, manesium and b6 but maybe not large enough doses.
    Oh well. At least I am not alone
  7. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

other test they do at the same time. Had some signals showing a minor problem but, had severe Carpol Tunnel in both hands so haven't talked to doc about the feet and what to do. I had surgery on one wrist so far and so far it has helped a lot.

Wish I could help more but, we just wanted to say Hello and Welcome, Kim and Gary
  8. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi!
    Kim and Gary, I was told surgery was a last, last resort due to complications. I suppose partly due to it being the feet that you put presssure on all the time.
    Anyway there is a great web site for feet problems that I get info from. I was just wondering about the FMS connection.
    Kaye, I asked around about ART here and no-one seems to do it. But I'll keep it in mind.
    Thanks,

Ziggy