Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smokiebones, Oct 8, 2008.

1. smokiebones

smokiebones New Member

Has anyone DX with FM ever get a tattoo? If so what was your experience afterward? Did it throw you into a flair?
  2. jyl

jyl Member

The one on my back took three hours (Amy Brown Fairy Wild Violet) and wasn't too bad; the one on my neck (male ruby throated hummingbird) hurt for several days afterward but that is a sensitive area for anyone.

If you want to get a tattoo get one! Don't let this DD stop you from doing it. I figured I hurt anyway so what's a little extra pain for something I really want.

Of course before getting a tattoo or piercing make sure you do your research on the artist and make sure the shop is clean, sterile needles, yada yada yada.

Love and light,
  3. smokiebones

smokiebones New Member

JYL, I got my tattoo because I thought the same thing y let this DD stop me. It is on the back of my neck. (I LOVE IT!) but the next day it felt like I have pleuricy in my right shoulder, which I know it isn't that but it is the only way I can explain it.
  4. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I've wanted one for years, but have been very sick with severe Fibro,so I decided not to add to my agony. I love them though. My good friend who is a nurse got a bad infection on forearm tattoo. somethings to consider Laura
  5. cordy250

cordy250 Member

after a tat. Maybe it's the counter irritant affect or maybe it's just because I love them. I have ten tats that I have gotten in the last couple of years.

Make sure you know your artist. there is no reason to get an infection from a tat unless your artist is sloppy or you don't follow proper aftercare procedures. Your aftercare is as important if not more than the actual getting of the tat.

In my state artists are highly regulated, tested for certain diseases and their shops are regularly inspected.

Do your homework and you should be fine.
  6. 5hei1a

5hei1a New Member

I agree. Don't let this DD rob you of your desire for a tat. Got my first one in Feb (I'm 44 lol) Love it. Did not throw me into a flair. As a matter of fact, I felt great just because I did it for me.

Soft hugs,
  7. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I love tattoos, mostly colored ones. I have a simple green vine of red/orange sweet pea flowers and buds (my birthflower for April). It is on the top of my rt foot, up the right side and across the top beneath where the toes join the foot.

I had it done twice because I wanted a little more added to it. I really want a realistic looking Monarch butterfly w flowers on my left shoulder blade. The tattooist is a relative of a friend, so I know he's good and very careful. Maybe I'll get it done this fall, when the mood strikes.

Oh, I never had any trouble after getting mine...hope you don't either.
  8. smokiebones

smokiebones New Member

A pretty simple one. It is on the back of my neck. It is a single grape vine that flows into a right side up heart then into an upside down heart. I had him highlight it in red white in blue. It is a renaissance symbol for eternal love and friendship.It is awesome and looking better each day!

I found out a couple of days later that I had Pleurisy (an infection in the lining of the lungs). It was just a coincidence that it happend then.