Tea, anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sarahfemme, May 28, 2003.

1. sarahfemme

sarahfemme New Member

I am a tea fan and drink it with the same passion that dedicated wine connosieurs drnk wine. I love the language of tea-anyone fancy a first-flush estate Darjeeling or an especially Fine Tippy Oolong? All that aside, I'm writing to ask if anyone else drinks pu-errh tea. It is a tea that is fermented and aged from China by a process that is still a state secret. It is supposed to be extremely good for autoimmune disorders and also as a general tonic and cleansing agent. It tastes VERY different from Lipton, lol, but I love the earthy pungency. I suspect for most it would have to be a cultivated taste. But I thought Id ask...there might be some of y'all who are acquainted with Traditional Chinese Medicine.

-Sarah
  2. healing

healing New Member

where do you get it? I'm a coffee addict and a tea afficianado (sp?) and I'd happily drink this stuff (which I suspect is pricey) if it'd help!
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Drinker here, is the name of it; Pu-errh? I am not sure what you said there (fibro fog??).

I like black, very strong tea. Can't deal with the green teas, tried a dozen of them and they are just too mild for my taste.

Where do you buy it? Will give it a try.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Lox

Lox New Member

I love tea, though I love coffee more, especially now I have cut down to 2 cups of a morning!

My partner worked in China a little while back for 2 years on a mine site there. He bought home a couple of tins of Chinese tea and if I could read Chinese I could tell you what they are haha

I haven't tried them and probably won't, they look like someone has just pruned the shrubery and placed it in a beautiful tin, though their aroma is rather sweet and earthy lol

cheers

Lauren :)
  5. healing

healing New Member

White tea is very mild but high in antioxidants. If you find green tea tasting like warm water, then you won't care for white tea.

I love those teas that look like sticks and twigs. I find if you steep them a long time, they are positively wonderful.

Still hoping to hear what that other stuff....pu-errh....is.
  6. epicurean

epicurean New Member

I love tea,but have a hard time finding any good tea that dose not contain caffeine.Any suggestions??Thanks
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

I live in the UK. Here most major food companies that sell tea offer at least one decaf blend, Jacksons are a big name and they too offer decaf versions. Most supermarket chains also sell own brand decaf tea.

Hope you manage to find some.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/30/2003]