Tea questions-for storm or anyone else who has knowledge :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Hi all,

I have a few different questions. One about yeasts, another about pau'd arco.

First, I heard that tea can feed yeast. Is this true? I drink a lot of tea, probably 4-5 cups a day. I use the organic caffiene free types. I drink the echinachea a lot. Is this one good in tea form? I think it's helping.

I was reading a post by storm on pau'd arco tea. It says that the tea is ineffective. I'm wondering if there might be a good brand out there. I found one that said the bark is mature which is what makes it effective. I'm wondering if I should keep doing that one or do the pills instead. It has some stipulations on using it, like dont' use metal pan, don't let water come to a boil. It seems like it might be good. What do you think?

Thanks for reading. I hope someone knows about the yeast and the pau'd arco. :D
  2. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

It's really nice to be able to come here with questions that might take forever finding answers to if it weren't for folks like you :)
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

as with aged cheeses, wine and such, that anything that has been fermented(and a lot of tea is) could be associated with yeast. Don't know much more about that, maybe Stormy can comment.

By the way. A safer way of getting decaf is to steep regular tea for 60 seconds then throw out that water then use the wet tea or tea bag. Often decaff has chemicals in it. The water processed is just the same as doing it yourself. Just cheaper to do it yourself and less likely to have molds. Re tea bags. They use glue and this can be a problem. Best to use organic tea that is loose.
    Cromwell
  4. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

You're saying to get rid of possible mold on tea to steep the bag in boiling water for 60 seconds, don't squeeze the bag out, pour the initial water out then put the bag in anohter cup and steep it normally? My brain is trying to compute :)
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi,
    I've never heard the things that you have been told. How can something that has no sugar feed yeast? About boiling the water, I have heard that, for green tea, the water should not be boiling at the time it is poured. Japanese people dont drink their tea really hot, either, but rather they drink it warm. These things might make a difference. After all, they've been doing it for a long time. They are very gentle with their tea.

I have a mold allergy and so my doctor has told me to drink only herbal and green teas, not black teas. I try to drink at least 2 cups of green tea daily, because of the anioxident and cleansing effects.

Good luck. Have fun. I really enjoy tea, and I make sure I have a cute pot and a lovely cup. It may be silly, but it lifts my spirits. :)

Hugs,
    Terry
  6. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

This is all great info to add to waht I'm doing. Yes a cup of tea is a nice treat, I couldnt live without my stevia either :)