Teach6 again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BonBons, Dec 8, 2002.

1. BonBons

BonBons New Member

You are indeed welcome. This could be our personal forum, here! LOL :)How interesting your experience and family is. Thank you for sharing. Gee, sounds a lot like what we've done to Mexican-Americans and Viet-Americans, too, although maybe we are finally learning. I just finished reading A Yellow Raft in Blue Water by Michael Dorris, Louise Erdrich's husband. Ms. Erdrich has written many novels; one of my favorite is The Beet Queen. My stepbrother is also 25% Native American and his Dad was also German. Small world. Glad you're here - you've helped me a lot. Bonnie
  2. BonBons

BonBons New Member

You are indeed welcome. This could be our personal forum, here! LOL :)How interesting your experience and family is. Thank you for sharing. Gee, sounds a lot like what we've done to Mexican-Americans and Viet-Americans, too, although maybe we are finally learning. I just finished reading A Yellow Raft in Blue Water by Michael Dorris, Louise Erdrich's husband. Ms. Erdrich has written many novels; one of my favorite is The Beet Queen. My stepbrother is also 25% Native American and his Dad was also German. Small world. Glad you're here - you've helped me a lot. Bonnie
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

Do you have any idea what happened to your other post to me? It was here for quite a while and now it's disappeared.

After reading your reply on the thread about who's working I felt like we have a lot in common. Even though some of it happened in different order.

The difference between what happened to the Native americans and the immigrats is that the immigrants took the Native Americans' land, along with everything else.

Now it's like people have forgotten their own family history and have no tolerance any more for new immigrants. I know it's difficult for them and I have a lot of respect for them. My son is marrying the daughter of an immigrant. I figure that at least that way I'll get some dark haired and darkeyed grandkids, since none of my own turned out that way!

Barbara

4. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I'm not sure what happened to the post, Barbara. I would be happy to repeat, though, that you are astoundingly well-read and well-informed and have shared a wealth of information with our peers on the Board. I'd like to add that there are other "posters" who have also taught me more about my CFS and related illnesses than many, many years of therapy, different doctors, tests, and my own research. I often tell my husband just that. What a great way to earn a living - helping others feel good about themselves (when you can). Here I sit in my old clothes and flip-flops! My only son was married this summer to a great young woman - very aware and sensitive and barrels of fun. She adds a sparkling dimension to our family. Bonnie