((Teacher or Scarlett2))), or anyone who lives in Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by place, Apr 24, 2006.

1. place

place New Member

Who do you go see for your FM?
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

I do not live in Cols. I did yrs. and yrs. ago. I heard a bout a Dr. that has Fibro himself, tracked him down and went and saw him once. That was when I'd had it a short while.

17 yrs. ago? More? I wish I could think of his name. He recommended a hot tub. At that time he did not have much to offer except to validate that I had it. Susan
  3. place

place New Member

Hey Nate,

How do you like the FFC. Have they helped you. Do you think it would be worth the 2 hour drive? I love my dr. but he has one foot in the door of retierment. I also thought about seeing Dr. Hackshaw, he was the one at OSU conducting the botox study.
  4. SusEQ

SusEQ New Member

Hi,

I saw your post and thought I'd reply. Forgive me for intruding. I have been going to the Cleveland FFC for 1.5 years. I live in Central PA and it is a 3-3.5 hour drive to Cleveland (Middleburg Heights). I have had many improvements. My pain is lessened. My digestion is better. My hormones and thyroid are within "normal" limits. My systemic candidiasis is gone. However, Dr. Juguilon discovered I have Lyme Disease. I am extremely sensitive to many medications. My improvement with the Lyme has been slow due to difficulties taking antibiotics and then elevated liver enzymes.

Many people attending the Cleveland FFC. have experienced better health in a short period of time. I've been ill for 30 years. I know a rapid recovery is not going to happen for me.

Check out posts on this site for "Cleveland FFC". Also check out posts by users "Sarasmom" and "Wishingonastar".

Good Luck,
    SusEQ
  5. place

place New Member

Thanks so much for responding! So I guess it is worth the trip! What kind of evaluation or tests do they run on your first visit? What kind of treatment did they give you that your other doc did not?

Thanks!
    Kim
  6. forfink

forfink New Member

Hi! I lived in Columbus from 1990 - 2000. Participated in a fibro study thru OSU. It was a study on exercise and it's value to fibo patients. Don't think the results were very conclusive, about 50/50. But it was fun working with a personal trainer. The Dr. I saw in the mid 90's was Dr. Waylonis. I know this is not the correct spelling, but it is something similar. Attended some of his lectures in the early 90's. I saw him once, he confirmed I had FM and that was all he did for me, I did not go back. He also had FM, was very kind, but was of no help.
    I just continued to go to my Internist after that. Sure there has been much improvement in treatment since then, hope this helps. I've since moved to Dallas and I have a wonderful doctor that would do anything for me, Dr. Bolin.
  7. place

place New Member

Thanks for the info!

I just switched my internist, who happens to be my cousin. Yes that's right you read it correctly!

I had a great doc until he died and have yet to find someone worth their salt. So I decided to go see my cousin. Best decision I have ever made!

He is also a proof at OSU in the medical school. I have an appointment with him tomorrow and will ask if there is anyone at OSU who is leading the field in fibro!
  8. SusEQ

SusEQ New Member

I'm replying to both of your posts.

Regarding the cost of the FFC, I pay for all of my services at the time of my appt. I then submit paperwork to my health insurance. I'm fortunate that my insurance pays for 80% of my doctor visits, as well as 100% of the cost of IVs and blood work. The supplements that are prescribed by Dr. Juguilon are not covered by my insurance. However, I submit them as an outstanding medical expense deduction on my income tax.

My first visit with Dr. Juguilon lasted 2 hours. She did an indepth physical and reviewed the 20+ page questionaire which was sent to me to complete prior to my appt. She felt my hormones were imbalanced. Also, she felt I was harboring some type of infection in my system, possibly viral, possibly bacterial such as Lyme. They drew over 30 vials of blood. I received a vitamin and mineral IV and an injection of glutathione as well as some basic supplements (Super Multi Vitamin without iron, COQ10, NT Factor, digestive enzymes).

I am now being treated for everything found deficient on my blood work. Bioidentical hormones (thyroid, estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, testosterone) have helped with my hormone imbalances, hot flashes, urinary frequency, hair loss, etc. I take several supplements a day for low energy, probiotics to combat yeast, liver supplements, DHEA/pregnenelone, growth hormone, inositol hemaniacinate, fish oil, psyllium husk, etc. I take some prescription drugs too. My major symptom is incapacitating exhaustion, rather than the pain. I take a supplement from the FFC for my pain and it works well for me, except when I have a throbbing cervical headache. I take Xanax for my anxiety and sleep disorder.

After receiving a positive diagnosis for Lyme Disease, Dr. Juguilon feels this is a major contributor for all of my symptoms. I agree. My body is extremely sensitive to meds so it has been longer for me to see positive results from the antibiotic treatment for the Lyme.

I feel as though I'm rambling a lot in this post. Go to the top of this page and enter my username (SusEQ) in the search bar and read about my history with the FFC during the past 1.5 years. Check out posts by usernames "Wishingonastar" and "Sarasmom". Also, check out the posts for "Cleveland FFC".

Best of luck to you.
    SusEQ
    [This Message was Edited on 04/25/2006]
  9. daylilyfan

daylilyfan New Member

I see a lady Rheumy in Columbus.[This Message was Edited on 04/27/2006]
  10. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Hiya Place and all!

I am in Chillicothe, so I have had a hard time finding good docs.... sighhhhhh unfortunate story likely for us all!

Anyhow: He is also a proof at OSU in the medical school. I have an appointment with him tomorrow and will ask if there is anyone at OSU who is leading the field in fibro!

When you find this out please PLEASE let us know ok! I have been looking for a new MD anyhow and fired the one I had in circleville cause I can never get into him!

Also I have found out I have an 80+ year old body due to all of the arthritus i have and my MD never ever would tell me if I had it or not. My chiro took the x-rays and told me.

Now I have gout I think and can get into NO ONE AT ALL! OMG either no one in chilli is taking new patients or I can not get into my awful doc either. Sighhhhhhhhh I just want a decent doc that will help!

Ok sorry for the rant but man it is hard to find people from around here so I hope you all have good thigns to share!

Take care all Brenda
  11. place

place New Member

Thanks for the info!

I will post later this afternoon after my apt with my gp. And if I go see this person, I will make another post on my progress with them!
  12. place

place New Member

Well cousin said that I should stick with my guy to give him a chance! Which is a good point. I really like my rheumy but I am just so excited to actually gotten diagnosis, I am so ready to fix it.

But he did give me two names.

The first is just someone he knows at st. Ann’s Dr. Flood.

The second is also a professor at OSU, Dr. Hackshaw. Coincidently, Dr Hackshaw was the lead researcher for the OSU botox study.

I keep you posted if I go see one of these guys!