Tear duct plugs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angeliz1951, Sep 10, 2002.

1. angeliz1951

angeliz1951 New Member

I too am interested in how that works. I have the blurred vision, dry eyes, but at times I tear for no apparent reason and the salt from the tears is burning my face at the outer corners of my eyes. It is very painful. What to do?
  2. angeliz1951

angeliz1951 New Member

I too am interested in how that works. I have the blurred vision, dry eyes, but at times I tear for no apparent reason and the salt from the tears is burning my face at the outer corners of my eyes. It is very painful. What to do?
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

ing glasses around. Sometimes like now I don't need any at all. I was told it is a symtom many have. Have you been tested for (sp) Syjornies. By the eye doc? Maybe someone else know the right word. The plugs are easy it took about 30 seconds in office and numbing drops. No pain. I would ask the eye doc after testing for other causes first. I took had raw skin at the corners of my eyes. My doc said I was always rubbing them because they wre dry and some time when out I'd use the condisation on a can or bottle or water to moisten my eyes. I know it wasn't smart but, some places it's hard to use drops in public. The doctor said I was drying the skin. I don't know but, the rawness went away quickly. I also dabbed a tiny on vit e oil on the corner but not too close to get into the eyes it helprd with the rawness and the sandy stuff didn't stick in the outer corners any more. I know I'd rub it off okay, sometimes scrape sometimes several times a day. I also noticed that my noise isn't so dry now with the plugs. Gee I am admitting to all this things I did that I shouldn't have done.

Hope this helps. I must say I love them.

Good luck, Kim I'd love to know how others do with them and all.