Teawah & or Shirl....one more ? about ZMA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin21, Mar 19, 2003.

1. lin21

lin21 New Member

This ZMA sounds really good, especially after reading the other posts about it that mention constipation and I am anxious to give it a try. My questions can I continue to take the Nortriptilyn with this ?
    Thanks ,
    Lin
  2. teawah

teawah New Member

I don't take anything like that so I am not sure of the answer. Maybe Shirl will know? I don't THINK that it should cause any probs beings that it is just supplements but I couldn't begin to TELL you what to do. I wouldn't want to cause you any harm and I am not a doc.

My reason for taking this great supp. is to NOT have to take the crap the docs try to shove at me. I am sure Shirl will answer. I will keep looking so I can find out with you.:)

I think you will be very happpy with the ZMA. I am going to give some to my sis to try as she has had sleep probs for a long time too. Let me know how it works out for you!

LOVE< teawah
  3. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi,

As I mentioned earlier I am really anxious to try this now because I have been plagued with constipation for a long time and put off the colonoscopy for now. I am going to call my rheumie (if I'm lucky enough to have him return my call) but I'm going to go to GNC and I'll ask them too. I can also ask my pharmacist too.
    Thanks so much and I will definitely let you know when I start it.

Thanks again,
    Lin
  4. teawah

teawah New Member

They want to probe me too but for cramps. Not constipation. I don't have any female parts anymore so they think maybe colon cancer. Bull crap, it's just IBS. They just want to do more tests so they can make more $$$. I long ago learned that all tests will come out negative for me and everything is FM.

NO thanx, NO probing. EXIT ONLY!!!!!

Love, teawah
  5. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi again,

He said that on my very first visit even before I mentioned the constipation and I said "yes" but I haven't had it and I'm not going to. Like you said it's all one big money game and since it's my money I think I should decide when and if.

Thanks,
    Lin
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I don't take Nortriptilyn, but I am sure that someone here can help with that one. Klutzo is very informed on all these drugs, that lady should have a degree in Meds!

I do take Xanax at 6pm then the ZMA at 10pm, and a Melatonin right before bed. No problem with the Xanax and the ZMA.

I know that Mel takes Klonopin with the ZMA, and others take different meds with it too.

Call your druggest, and ask them but its just two minerals and a B-6 vitamin. I can't see where it would cause a problem, BUT ask the pharmacist anyway.

If you are having a serious constipation problem right now, you could take 'Natural Calm' put out by; 'Natural Vitality', its a powdered form of magnesium citrate, and it will work for you over night. You mix it with hot water, and it fizzes like an Alka Seltzer also taste like Alka Seltzer! You can get it at most health food stores or do a web search.

The ZMA works for the constipation also. But it does take a week or so to get into your system to make you regular.

I had a bowel problem all my adult life untill I found the Natural Calm, and then the ZMA. That is an added benefit too!

I know everyone must be glued to the tv (like myself) with the beginning of the War right now, so keep your post bumped up so others will see it.

Good luck with the ZMA! Hope you get as good a results as I have.

Shalom, Shirl

7. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi Shirl,

Thanks for this great information. I looked into "natural calm" already but the health food store didn't carry it. I will look other places or else do a web search. I have always had problems with constipation but now I think it all goes back to when it first started. I thought it the medicine could have added to my problems too. Yet, last year when I was exercising daily (before my diagnosis) I was so regular .
    I am definitely going to pick up the ZMA, I don't want to start taking many unnecessary meds . YOu know how these doctors are, before you know it you have a cabinet filled with scripts.

Thanks again,
    Lin