Techies Alert! Need Help With Puter

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

OK why do computers just start doing new things when we have done nothing to them? It's like mine is possessed!

Internet Explorer works fine in letting me go to websites. Once on the website, however, if I try to do a search on that website, I get a message that Explorer cannot display that page. If I click on the back arrow, the info for which I was searching is often there. I took the advice in their troubleshooting link and did what was asked in Internet Tools. Still, nothing, even though I restarted my computer.

This is a brand new laptop and I'm already exasperated with it. I thought I loved it til it started this business. Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'll look into Firefox. I don't have Norton, even though it's free from Comcast. I bought something called, CA, which all the techies at CompUSA use for their own computers. I know that Windows is always doing updates and I took my puter back to a date before the latest updates. That helped a lot. Now, the problem only seems to exist on Amazon. Strangely, if I use the back button after I get the message, there is the page IE just told me it couldn't display. IE lies!!!

Comcast has been having a lot of problems with sunspots or, at least, that's what they blame it on. Their HD tv broadcasts will just suddenly go off and reappear after a few minutes. My wi-fi does the same thing and my internet service is from Comcast. I'm so glad they had the money to buy NBC. It must be because they scrimp on their crappy equipment and service.

Thanks again. You guys are the greatest!!!

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you all so very much. I really appreciate it.

Love, Mikie