Tegretol, anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aprilhuque, Feb 5, 2003.

1. aprilhuque

aprilhuque New Member

I just saw another neurologist at Kaiser, after filing grievances against the 2 others who referred me to psychiatry and then LOWERED my meds, if not changing them to lower prescriptions that I was on ten years ago, talk about retribution (I don't want to get into all of the details now, but they both made very unprofessional and cruel comments to me) and he is knowledgeable about FMS--he is only 30 and newly practicing and has a VERY different attitude--maybe he received training? unlike the others?

Has anyone tried Tegretol, I am on 200 mg twice a day. I have read the manufacturer's instructions and adverse effects, but just wanted to tap into your brains . . .

Well, I am really taking carbamazepine, which is the generic version, is there any website I can look up that discusses generic drugs and their challenges?

Thanks a bunch
    April Huque, M.A.
  2. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi april..i tried tegretol(the generic as well)i was taking 400mg 3 times a day, and i was ok for about 2 weeks and then i started getting really nauseated and started seeing these little purple-ish dots on parts of my body and i was feeling like crap so i found out that it was one of the symptoms of a blood disorder that it can cause..so we concluded i was allergic to it but since i only took it for 2 weeks im not sure it really helped much..i dont think that it did. but anyhow everyone is different and this is the first med that i found out that im allergic to. well good luck
    --ami