Teitelbaum web site - program question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elaine_p, Jul 26, 2003.

1. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

Has anyone participated in Dr. Teitelbaum's online program? What's your experience?

Do you have any thoughts on the different programs ("short" or "long")?

I have the book, do I really need to pay him more money?

Any input would be appreciated!
  2. mroc37

mroc37 New Member

Hi I have never heard of this dr. Im going to look into it and see what its about. Just went to sites of dr teitelbaum please send me who you are sending money too
    Mroc37@aol.com write me at this address Im not on boards that much Thanks marianne
  3. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

BUMPING for anyone who knows.
  4. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I've had CFS for 6 years and have tried some things on my own, though not necessarily a lot (finances being the biggest factor). So it's not like I'm totally new (meaning that I wouldn't necessarily be overwhelmed by the info--but who am I kidding, it depends on how my brain's working that day!).

Two things that concern me is the large number of their own products that they sell/recommend at his site. The other thing is that in his book he advises against antibiotics, which doesn't mesh with the info on mycoplasmas. Granted, the book was published in 2001, and I'm not very far into the book.

Thanks for replying dogdazed!

And still looking forward to more replies!
  5. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

IS GOOD..... BUT SOME INFO. OUTDATED.......BUT AT LEAST HE BELIEVES!!!!!!!!!! DUE TO LACK OF HELP WHERE I LIVE & LACK OF FUNDS , I OFTEN HAVE TO TRY TO BE MY OWN DR. .... NOT GOOD..... I'M NOT QUALIFIED..... HE SEEMS TO BELIEVE HE CAN " CURE" PWCS.... ETC.... BUT MY EXPERIENCE INDICATES THAT THIS IS NOT ALWAYS TRUE FOR ALL PWCS W/ANY DR. HE DOES NOT MAKE ANY $ ON MEDS. HE SELLS(AS PER HIS FOOTNOTE IN BOOK). I HAVE RECEIVED SOME RELIEF FROM SOME OF HIS IDEAS , BUT TO DATE NOTHING PERMANENT...... PLEASE EXCUSE MY BRAIN FOG..... HAVE TO GO LOOK FOR INFO..... FOR HELP W/SLEEP , KAVA KAVA MAY NOT BE GOOD. SOURCES HAVE TOLD ME THAT RECENT STUDIES INDICATE IT CAUSES LIVER PROBLEMS/DAMAGE.... IT IS IN HIS "SLEEP FORMULA" . BUMMER...... IT HELPED ME W/SLEEP. KEEP WINGIN'!!!!!! BLESSINGS & TAKE CARE !!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

If by that you mean where you fill out all the questions, lab results etc. and get guidelines...?

Found it very helpful as a beginning as did the doctor I found thru his site that had worked with him. There's so many things to start with, it at least provides an educated guideline.

I'd started already many of the things recommended, but even so it was good to see that those were things recommended.

But I'm still struggling, due to finances, etc.. and of course a few things that sounded really promising just haven't been helpful (so much for placebo).

Hope this helps - Victoria
  7. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I didn't read far enough to know he donates any profits. Thanks for correcting me. I know he does recommend other products, and that's a definite plus! It just seemed that the brief time I was at the site that it was more focused on his own.... (I was having some brain fog too.)

And like I said, I'm not far enough along in the book to know what he really thinks about abx, just what I saw wherever.

So, thanks everyone for the replies! I'd like more if anyone cares to, including negatives if there are any. Now I have to figure out whether I want to pay $88 or $160....

If I go for the long, expensive one, do I need my medical records from before this DD, or can I rely on my memory?

editing to bump this again[This Message was Edited on 07/28/2003]