Teitelbaum's Internet Help Anyone? Comments?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marta608, May 4, 2006.

1. Marta608

Marta608 Member

On Dr. Teitelbaum website I see a section to fill out a questionaire and receive, for a sum, recommendations for treatment which you take to your doctor. Has anyone done this and was it helpful?

Thanks.
    Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 05/04/2006]
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

Hope someone out there has tried this and can give us a clue...

Hugs,
    Twerp
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I may vote me in as the guinea pig.

Let's keep this bumped.

Marta
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

The fee is $88 for the short program and $160 for the full program. I'd want to see more before I plunk that kind of money down. I wonder if insurance would cover it?

Let's keep this one bumped up for more info!

God Bless.
  5. marmayer

marmayer Member

I actually met the Dr and heard him spaek at the 2005 Fibromyalgia Coalition Conference in Kansas City. He is a very well respected fibro Dr. I would do his treatment plan if I wasn`t already being treated at the Fibro and Fatigue Center in Cleveland.
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thanks for your input.

My concern is that, after reading his book, it appears that he has an all-out-go-for-broke philosophy. If you took ten new things at once and if you're as chemically sensitive as many of us are, how would you know what caused the problem?

Marta
  7. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I finally got desperate and did the $88 questionaire. There is a bunch of questions to answer. Based on your answers it gives you a list of test that need to be done to rule everyting out. Then it gives you a list of prescription medicines and supplements that may be healthful. To me it was a waste of good hard money.
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

DARN!

But wait! Did you have any of the tests done? Did the recommendations sound reasonable according to your symptoms? Have you tried any of the meds or supplements?

(I can't seem to get this done in one shot...) Last question, I think: do you fill out the questionaire before you have to give your credit card info? That is, do you get a chance to read the questions before you commit to buying the deal?

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 05/05/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/05/2006]
  9. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

honestly, my brain fog kicked in and I cannot remember if you pay before or after the questionaire. The test that he suggested I have are tests that I had already had. My doctor did put me on some of the medicines he suggested, but they did not help. But everyone is different.

10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I guess the Teitlebaum thing is like a stab in the twilight. Sure is profitable for him, though.

I'm not knocking the doctors who specialize in these DDs but I don't think I've heard of anyone yet who was actually cured by one of them. Cures or what stands for a cure seems to come from very early detection, changed behavior, and youth. I only had the middle one.

(Notice when you're in a flare it takes more than one try to post??)

Thanks.
    Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 05/07/2006]