Television Pain Relief

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockyjs, Apr 30, 2007.

1. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I know there has been a post resurfacing every now and then about the "snow" on the television helping with brain waves.

This is a bit different...I have slipping rib syndrome, so after sleeping for a few hours I wake up in extreme pain. I can't take painkillers and have tried to find ways to deal with it in the middle of the night.

One of the tricks I've learned is to turn on the television, preferably on something like Turner Classic Movies in black and white, then turn the volume all the way down. I lie down again and the mild strobe effect of the picture changing seems to help me get back to sleep and relieve the pain.

I'm very sensitive to things like flickering lights, emergency vehicle lights, etc but for some reason this doesn't bother me. If it seems to bright I put on cloth eye shades to mute it a little.

Jan

2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I agree, there's something soothing about the black and white picture regardless of what movie they're showing. I love this when I have a migraine, the flickering lights of any regular TV kills me with the rapid-fire changes of commercials, etc.

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

I have for a while now turned to the tele, although doc tells me its not the right thing to do as it actually stimulates something in the eye to remain awake but not for me!!!!! I have turned to comedy though and sadly but true I have stared watching the simpsons but absolutely love funniest home videos or animal things.....not sad though, feel sad enough.....so comedy it is but movies good too and I do think it alters your brain wave the same as looking at anything beautiful or peaceful

kepp it up i say Iam

love n light
    Connie