tell me about cfs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunslickie, Nov 18, 2002.

1. sunslickie

sunslickie New Member

hi all i wonder if yous could explaine cfs to me i was dx with fibro and i am just so tired all the time i think i have cfs to i go tobed and fall asleep right away and it is as if there was an a alarm clock in my head i sleep for my be two and a half hours an then i lay awake the reast of the night when the morning comes it is as if a fork lift has run over me love to hear from some one who feels the same not that i want anyone to feel the same lol thanks
  2. sunslickie

sunslickie New Member

hi all i wonder if yous could explaine cfs to me i was dx with fibro and i am just so tired all the time i think i have cfs to i go tobed and fall asleep right away and it is as if there was an a alarm clock in my head i sleep for my be two and a half hours an then i lay awake the reast of the night when the morning comes it is as if a fork lift has run over me love to hear from some one who feels the same not that i want anyone to feel the same lol thanks
  3. 2girls

2girls New Member

I also was dx fms and lucky if I get the 2 hours real
    sleep at night. I watched a health show on a Canadian station Sat night, and the topic was FM/CFS. A Dr. Martin explained that in fact FM is a symptom of CFS. He is supposed to be a leading expert in Canada on the subjects.
    And yes, I do feel like road kill every morning!!
    LOL

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The jury is still out on this one. Some docs think these are dinstinct illnesses and some thing they are one and the same. I have been diagnosed as having both. I do believe there are differences as the Guai treatment has reversed my FMS symptoms about 75 percent, but still, I suffer from some fatigue and cognitive/memory problems. I am in somewhat of a remission right now on all fronts (love it when that happens).

They could still be the same disease/illness but just different manifestations of the same thing. The only distinction that the medical sector makes is that in order to be diagnosed with FMS, one must have 11 of the 18 "official" tender points in all four quadrants. This is an arbitrary distinction created by the American Rheumatological Society. Research is showing more and more that both CFS and FMS are neurological in origin.

What all this boils down to is that no one knows for sure.

Love, Mikie