Tell me about Lamictal

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by artseyone, Jan 28, 2006.

1. artseyone

artseyone New Member

Hi All,
    A long time ago my psychiatrist put me on Lamictal...I developed a rash and she stopped it..I've been on Effexor for about 5 years and found it great at first..I had all this energy now the CFS is horrible..I've since moved and my new psychiatrist wants me to have a go at the Lamictal again...
    If anyone has had good luck w/it please let me know...
    I'm willing to try anything at this pt. because the Effexor isn't working.
    Thanks so much..
  2. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

rea dup on the drug. I just think it is weird that the Dr. wants to try it agian since you already are allergic to it.My one Dr. yrs. ago put me on it.I can't remember why but I went off it.(not working?)
  3. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I take lamictal.Never had the rash and from what I understand once youhave the rash you just don't take lamictal again.I know about mood stabalizers a little.There are many different ones out there.Ablify is a new one and seems to be helping my daughter alot.
    Best of luck,
    Sheila
  4. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

this doc about your prior experience with Lamictal? I am an RN and somewhat up on pharmacology--do not take this med again. You had a serious adverse reaction to it before and will have another reaction(maybe more serious) if you take it again. There must be other meds the doc can try.

I know it took me a while to come up with the most helpful med for my depression. Went through quite a few. Hang in there.

Sometimes docs are not fully versed on their pt.'s history. Most don't even look at it.

Take care--I hope you find some relief.
    Sue