Tell me about YOUR CFS day...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Oct 8, 2008.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

I think my case of cfs is pretty severe. One person's feeling of being severe could be different from another's. Id like to know what symptoms you felt TODAY. And how much you were able to do. Bedbound, housebound, functional, working, doing the electric slide every night before bed...etc.
    Id also like to know if you ever have "good" days...and how good are they compared to your bad ones.

Today I had body pain and weakness
    Constant dizziness and balance problems
    mild anxiety
    head pressure
    feeling short of breath when i am in the heat
    sore throat
    always have to watch my hypoglycemia
    needed glasses alot being outside in the light

Today was the first day in about 2 weeks i was able to go out and do errands. Severity of symptoms were not as severe. I probably did too much though (groceries, short walk maybe one block, straighten up house, took son to swim class). I did all of this while feeling kinda off balance, etc..but i did it.'s 10pm and my body is so sore and everything is worse again.

My "better days" or not too often and very short lived. I hear about others have remissions and relapses and i just dont get those. Love to hear about how your CFS unfolds throughout the day.

[This Message was Edited on 10/08/2008]
  2. erinwilburn

erinwilburn New Member

I left the house for the first time in 2 weeks on Sunday and even then all I did was take a drive with family to see the changing leaves in our mountians. I have been house bound for a year.

Today I had major fatigue...too weak to shower...pain through my entire body...sensitivity to light( I wear my sunglasses to watch TV)...finally my anxiety got so bad that I got on here to try to destract myself so I will stop crying.

Ever since i got sick I have had okay days but never a diffrence of flare and remission, just always sick!

This is my day more times than not. In bed!
  3. mindblower

mindblower New Member

Hang in there, Chica!

Check my profile out, you'll recognize, and we're in a very similar boat(DAILY) as you know. I don't get the relapsers and remissioners either, but they're really sick, just get mini vacations from worst symptoms, I guess, unlike us, those bastards! ;)

4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Good Post, I love to hear how others manage their day to day battle with this DD.

I have CFS/FM but the worst part for me is the anxiety/depression that came with it.

My "better days" are like you not often and short lived. Been 7 years and no remissions .

Today started off with nausea waking me up at 4 am, the negative thoughts going thru my head, then the deep dark feeling of doom, gloom and fear about all that is going on in my life. Wanting to just feel some happiness on the inside. I am so tired of going through the motions.

Right now I have fatigue, nausea, body aches and just feel like crap, dreading what I have to do today and wondering if I will be able to make it. I have no choice but to keep pushing.

My daily schedule is:

Pick up greatgran at pre-school at noon, feed her lunch she is very good and will watch tv since she is usually tired.

At 2 p.m. pick up granddaughter from work, if she doesn't have a ride. Then get other greatgran and granddaughter from school and take them home. granddaughter baby sits with the greatgrans now that I am not able to.

Then come home and rest. That is all I will be able to do if that.

My house is a wreck, my laundry piled up, I have no life except for my bed and recliner.

Will post later as to exactly what I get done. I just want this darn anxiety/depression to leave.

5. greatgran

greatgran Member

My whole body is shaking so couldn't get greatgran from pre-school. My daughter is getting her and then my granddaughter will have to take over.

Honestly I am not sure if this is CFS or Anxiety have been this way since 4 am the xanax didn't even help.

I feel I just can't go on like this I have never felt this way, don't think.

6. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

My days don't vary much. I have two choices :push and crash constantly or pace.

I had to stop driving a year and 1/2 ago. I only go out on Saturdays to breakfast and maybe a yard sale with my sister and niece. Then I am crashed bad for 1-2 days. By crashed I mean barely able to move let alone function. Sometimes I cannot even think. If it's bad I can't even talk. It does pass in a few hours if I stay in my recliner with my feet up.

When I pace I can for example get up and make half of a sandwich, sit with my feet up for 20 min. and get up and finish the sandwich, sit 20 min and get up and clean up the little mess I made.

I can not walk around the outside of my small house without crashing but I can move around in the above ground pool my hubby put up for me.
    But then I have to recline again.

I think if I just knew why these things were so, it would not be so frustrating.

But after three years of this I know that for now at least, this is just the way it is.

Good Luck.

7. greatgran

greatgran Member

Bumping for those who might have missed this. gg