Tell The Boss??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamazbutterflyz, Sep 6, 2003.

1. mamazbutterflyz

mamazbutterflyz New Member

Hey ya'll! Just wanted to say I started back at my old job that I had back in 98^! Thought my knees where gonna make me fall in front of all my customers! lol..........but on a more serious note............how do you break to your boss that you are sick and you have limitations? (you must know that, this man did alot for me when I worked for him before...I just dont wanna feel like I am asking TOO much, ya know? HELP!
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

to tell him. I would think he would rather know what your limitations are than to have you do something at work and get hurt. The ADA is for people who are disabled and/or have disability limitations. Also Vocational Rehabilitation will help you with certain things you might need at work to enable you to keep working.

I'm glad you have a good boss, not all bosses are great.. I'm also happy for you that you are able to still work. I really do miss my work and the friendships that were established there.

Dara
  3. mamazbutterflyz

mamazbutterflyz New Member

Hi, yes you are right, but my limitations are just that I shouldnt do thyngs that *may* injure myself. Doctors have told me that. SO i suppose, no lifting? Pfft... = ( would you stil advise the same advice? I am so sorry you cannot work, I *Do* feel for you. I am not sure how much longer I will last, shoot I cannot even take care of my household because of fm & cfs, but we are a young couple who need money badly.......so I am being a bit ignorant and using my last energy. (i must be a moron! lol)
  4. fullarmor

fullarmor New Member

Fortunately you know this man already and i think that will help. You definitely need to tell him, because if you don't you'll end up being asked to do things you probably shouldn't do. Be honest with him, and educate him on the disease and the limitations it gives you. Chances are he'll understand. Also, you know the things you can't do..maybe offer to help him with the things you can do. Like at my old job, there were times the fibro fog or a migraine was so bad I couldn't be on the phones, so I used that time to help my supervisor organize the supply room, or helped look up certain things on the computer. That might help. Good luck!!
    Nay