Temazepam & Buspar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lailal, Jul 24, 2003.

1. lailal

lailal New Member

Hi,
    Has anyone out there taken Temazepam 15 mg. for sleep and Buspar for anxiety, and if so, what has your experience been?
    Thanks,
    Leila
  2. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Love my buspar, stopped taking it for awhile only to find out I REALLLYYYY need to be taking it..LOL I will start taking it again this weekend.

3. Jen F

Jen F New Member

but not Buspar.

restoril really helped me for sleeping, but has started to lose it's effect.

I recently had a bad drug interaction with the Restoril and percoset, both had an additive effect as CNS depressent and left me with a heavy chest and short of breath [basically my lungs were too relaxed to breathe with ease]. Was scary and uncomfortable but ER docs didn't seem TOO concerned.

So, I decided to start coming off the Restoril and halved my dose. Big mistake. I have been reliant on it for 4 years now for sleep and found out the hard way my body has become dependent on it. Went through a horrible withdrawal period even after upping my dose back up to almost the max again. It has passed now, but was a horrible, horrible week.

If you have taken it long term, be careful about coming off. Cold turkey could result in seizure.

If you have been taking only for short term, I gather that usually isn't a problem.

If you have been taking for quite a long time and ever want to come off, I recommend very very slow taper, acc to Dr. Ashton's [UK Benzo site] protocol, like reducing 1 mg every 2 weeks.

Jen F
  4. Goodday

Goodday New Member

Take temazepam at night for sleep. Take Buspar in a.m. and in late afternoon. I don't know why you would need it at night unless you take it TID--three times a day. I don't think there would be any bad side affects if you took both at the same time. I find Buspar makes me dizzy/light headed. I tried it twice now. I gave up after three days on Buspar this last time. It can really help some people though. Goodday