Temp Check?,,,,,,,12 below

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Jan 21, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow we woke up to -12 below today and alot more below temps are reported all over the State up to -32,,,Brrrrr,,,,,I need to get lucky some Boots!,,,,,Whats the Temp where you Live?
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

How are you doing??

We've been having extreme lows since last week, -12, or -17 during the day, and way down in the low -30 and high-40 at night.

Today i just can't seem to get warm, and i'm sitting at the computor with hat scarf and gloves on!!!!
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Yep it's Cold!,,,your temps are WAY Down there!,,,at night wev'e had the winds kick in too and man oh man,,,,well you know what it's like!,,,,I like your PC attire!,,lolol,,,

I do the Fleece vest over the turtleneck and a blanket on my lap all the time at the pc,,,,,,,,Do you have wood heat?,,,,,,We grew up with it and i miss it terribly!,,,,,,,,,,,Stay Warm!
  4. morningsonshine

I grew up with wood too, and miss it, but not the work.

It is a way warmer heat than gas. Specially for us cold blooded creatures.

Stay warm!!!
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Brrrr....I am getting cold just looking at the numbers you guys have put down. Well, I am in Southern California, so let's just say we won't be hitting any temps in the single or negative digits. It did rain last night, and it feels like the high 50's right now. But it has been in the 60's and 70's all last week.

I am going with my family to Big Bear the first week in Feb. to enjoy some snow. That's the only way we can see it around here. That trip only take 1 1/2 hrs. so it makes for a great 3 day weekend. Hope you are all staying warm! Kim :)
  6. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

-30 here in Wisconsin. Very cold and today we are getttinbg 4-8" of snow and then the temps will drop below zero again
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm happy to hear that you gals are in the Double Digits!,,,Must be Nice!,,,,,But yes i guess if we live in the North it's a Given this time of year to be Below Zero!,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I tried to rig up some booties for Lucky Boy,,,with some of my old socks,,,,and of Course he thought that they were toys!,,,,,,lolol,,,,

So when we go out i say "Go Potty Fast!" it's Cold ,,,,He does!,,,and when we come in i wipe jis paws with a warm wash cloth,,,,,,,that seems to work for now!,,,,,,Kim~~~Have a Fun Weekend up at Big Bear!,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

-30 is COLD Too!,,,,,The weird thing is,,,That when it gets this Cold the Sun is out and i'm guessing it's a Trade off!,,,,,,Lolol,,,,It seems to warm up to snow,,,,which it has been doing here every day for the last 10 days,,,,,,,,We have 3 feet so far,,,,,,,,,

So sad to report that there was a Deadly Avalanche at the local Ski Resort here last week that Killed 2 People and they are still looking for more victims!,,,,,,,

There were 2 snowmobilers who say they saw 2 more Skiers go down with it so the search continues,,,,,,,,,The slide was triggered by one of the skiers who went out of Bounds on the mountian ,,,,,,Sad!

Snow at the base of the slide is 40 ft deep and 800 ft wide!,,,,,,,They have these long poles that they use to search with and Dogs also,,,,I hope they find them soon!
  9. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

no wonder we are in so much pain!! it's 7 Fahrenheit now..and I am filling the wind just blowing in the house too, this is crazy...first it was a warm winter with barely any snow...now it's friggin cold with lots of snow.......make up our minds all ready old man winter!!!

Love to all, Ann
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I should be complaining, but as we live on the ocean, when it gets below 30, it is cold here!

And it was this AM. The sun is now shining and the ice is melting and it will be in the high 40's today. I know those of you who live where it really gets cold are laughing at me, but it is cold. (-:

But, it's not raining. And, that's good.

Hope it warms up everywhere, but don't know. Hear the desert is even cold. Spring is not here yet.

Stay away from the mountains and snow, everyone. Too many deaths this year.

Stay warm...

11. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for your Reports Gals! It was a (nice! -4 ) this Am so thats an improvement!,,,,The southern half of the State was down to 37 below,,,,for a few days,,,now it's warming up to 0,,,,Yea!,,,,,,,Sue i bet you love livin by the Ocean!,,,,,,Hugs! Sis
  12. morningsonshine

We have -18 below today, i hope we get the warmer weather you have today, tomorrow!!

Warmer as in only single digit below instead of double!! LOL
  13. sisland

sisland New Member

Darn Winter Anyway!!,,,,Once again i want to move south to northern California!,,,lolol,,,as i Hear it's a nice 68-70,,most of the fall and winter season!,,,,,

I Bet Dars pup looks cute in his coat!,,,-18 is still pretty chilly Mss!,,,,,,,,,,,,,We are supposed to have a warmer weekend,,,can't wait!,,,

Although when we were kids i remember it getting -30 and staying there for a week at a time,,,,,,,so what am i complainin' about anyway? ,,,lololol,,,,,,The older i get the less cold i can Stand!
  14. morningsonshine

Yes, yess, yes, my hubby said it's suppose to get back up above the zero's this weekend!!

He said 30 above, but that's hard to beleive right now when it's this cold, but i does amaze me how fast it can change sometimes!!!

I'm with you about moving!!! Maybe one good thing about the cold is that there have been no colds or flu's going around right now!!!!!Yea!!! Hopefully to cold for that garbage.

My water tank heater for the horses couldn't keep up with the cold, and it still froze over, hopefull we can get it thawed back out again.

Take Care,
  15. sisland

sisland New Member

Yep! Warmer Temps predicted for the Weekend! I Try not to go out unless i have to in this sub zero stuff! Although that doesn't include taking the Lucky Boy out every 2 hours!,,,,,,,

The cold goes right through me!,,,,,,,Wonder if pouring Boiling Water would help the Horses water Tank?,,,,,,,,,,Hey We are Decendents of Pioneers i Decided!,,,,,Lolol,,,,,,,

So we should be immune to this stuff right!,,,,,Yes Thank goodness for the Flu/cold bugs being at Bay!,,,,,,,,,Stay bundled up Dear!,,,,,Sis
  16. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

You girls that are in the sub double-digits!!! I was goiong to complain about our -7 this a.m. Even at our age, we thinki that we HAVE to go to the local coffee shop to catch u p on what's going on in our little town.

But first, I had to scoop the last night's snow from the walk and turn on the car and clean the snow off. The only thing bare were my eyes and then my glasses were covered with steaqm so I couldn't see where i was going.

Then I made sure DH had enough covering him sos he could go to the car, then I had to go out by the deck and drag the traash barrel plus aniothyer bag to the street for pick-up. My eyes were weeping by the time I go9t down for coffee.

The WC has been way down there. Our family room is to the northy and DH has on flannel lined pants, a sweater and lots under it, a fleece jacket and his big fleece throw. I have on Cuddle Duds, sweater, fleece jacket and I am freezing here in the den.

I ;don't like any of it!!!!!

17. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi Sweetie!
    Wow you are a hard worker! all the snow shoveling and the garbage can hauling ect!,,,,I Know what your going to tell me!,,,Lolol,,,,,"It has to be done" Right?,,,,,,,,I Hope you and hubby enjoyed your Coffee Trip!,,,,,

Theres a little cafe up north of me where everyone goes everyday to catch up! Get this it's called "The Night OwL" because it's open 24-7,,,,,,anyway Please stay Warm!,,,,,,,,Sis,,,,,P.S.,,,,I love the photo of the Grandbabies in your profile!!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/24/2008]