Temps Down

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Aug 4, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi All
    Finally we Have some Relief of the 100 degree temps! July set a National Record for Being the Hottest in over a Century on Record,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In this part of the country anyway!

It's been in the 80's in the last few days here and i Feel almost cold at times! lolol,,,,,,Whats it like in your part of the country?,,,,,,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2007]
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Yes, July was a hot one for sure, even here in foggy Eureka. We broke records right and left. Also, we had a rain storm one day that dumped an inch of rain...broke all known records for this time of year.

And now, we are under the ubiquitous (sp?) layer of gray...fog on the coast. It is damp and dreary.

During WWII, the Army Air Corp trained pilots to fly in England here because our climate and constant fog was the nearest to England they could find.

With that bit of history, I will sign off and wish you a great day in the lovely 80 degree weather.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

wow!we have different wheather patterens! I'm guessing thats Because you live on the coast and i live in the Mountians! lolol,,,,,,,Hey is that Eureka CA,,, I Grew up in Eureka MT, Funny huh!

Are you anywhere Near the Redwoods? Thats one thing i want to see some day,,,,,Sorry it's Foggy and Miserable!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for the History tidbit!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hope your having a great day too!,,,ps,,I'm lovin these 80 degree days!
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Redwood tree all over this place....

The heart of the Redwoods...

There are many groves south and north of us....preserved land.

The redwoods do spoil one, however. When we go somewhere and someone tells us about how great their trees are, it just never impresses us. Someone told us how beautiful the tree in the Shennendoah (sp?) Valley were...they were OK..but once you've seen a redwood, all other trees pale in comparison.

You should really see them sometime. Beautiful forrests.

5. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow right in the middle of the Redwoods! Lucky you! I bet their Beautiful! In the photos i have seen they are HUGE!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Do they lose Dead lems that fall to the ground ? and do they have pinecones? I Know 20 questions!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But due to the fact that i was raised in the woodlands,,I love Trees! Ha! Just curious as to how they take care of the dead ones?,,,,,,,Thanks,,,Sue! hope your day is less foggy!
    P.s. Give Felix a Scratch behinde the ears for me!