Tempur-pedic bed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladyfishme, Sep 11, 2005.

1. ladyfishme

ladyfishme New Member

Just found out I have Fibromyalgia. Trying to figure out what works. Has anyone tried Tempur-pedic bed? Did it help you sleep?
    Ladyfishme
  2. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I'm so sorry to hear you've got fibromyalgia, but thrilled that you came here. I've gained so much knowledge here. I feel like I'm headed in the right direction for feeling better. Also, a warm, supportive group who will understand better than anyone what you're going through. I was just diagnosed in July with fm.

There was a thread just the other day called Mattress Query? If you enter that in the search field above, you will find lots of feedback about tempurpedic and other types of mattresses.

Take care and visit often!

Francie
  3. orachel

orachel New Member

Sorry about your diagnosis, but on the positive, at least you know why you feel crummy now, right? I know I was so thrilled just to be able to call it something!
    I tried tempurpedic. First, they're expensive...cheapest model in king was like $2200. Second, it was VERY squishy. Now, I know thats kinda the point, but I just didn't feel supported enough, and my FM really bothers my back and hips and knees, so I need the support. Finally, it got really weird when it was hot out. Kinda got mushy (or mushier, I should say). Then my husb wanted to try a reg matress with a temperpedic top pad thingie. That was a little better, I guess, but still got weird in the weather (sales guy said he hears that a lot...they get mushy when its hot, and firmer when its cold). Finally, we ended up with a good old fashioned Simmons (i think). Its very cushiony for a standard bed...almost feels like featherbed on top, but very supportive underneath. Hope this helped! Go to a store and lay on one, you should be able to tell if you like it right away. I could!
  4. Suzn

Suzn Member

For me, there are pros and cons to this bed. You will never find anything that is more comfortable, with no pressure on your hips, shoulders, etc. I rarely toss and turn anymore. The only drawback I have is when I am having a real flare up...I find it a little hard to turn over in because the bed kinda hugs your body. I have tried them all including the adjustable air bed and this one worked the best for me. You can try most of them for 90 days and get your money back if they don't work out. We did have to pay to ship back the air bed ($90) Good luck and happy hunting!!!