Tempurpedic - Improvement in Back Pain after 2 nights

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by livin4him, Mar 4, 2006.

1. livin4him

livin4him New Member

Hi everyone, in case anyone is looking at purchasing a new mattress wanted to let you know what I have found. I just purchased a tempurpedic supreme from Brookstone and I do have some improvement in my severe back pain after only 2 nights. I have been sick with MPS, FMS and CFIDS for a total of 11 years. My back pain has been severe for 5 years and I am really hopeful that this will continue to be an improvement. We will see. Brookstone does allow a 90 day trial with a total refund if not satisfied and that was very important to me when spending that kind of money.

I did alot of reasearch before deciding where to get one and Brookstone was the first store that ever sold these. Therefore Tempurpedic specially formulated some for them, they have 33% more Tempu cells per inch than found in the regular temp mattresses. To me, in trying these out for myself, I liked Brookstone better.

[This Message was Edited on 03/04/2006]
  2. angelstarr

angelstarr New Member

Would you be willing to post what the cost of your mattress was? I am in need of something too.

Currently this is the mix I am sleeping on....LOL

regular box and innerspring mattress first, on top of that cardboard, on top of that a Sleep number topper that is about 3" thick and adjustable for both hubby and me., on top of that I have a walmart special memory foam 2 inch. and on top of that a cuddle ewe...

Thank GOD for deep pocket sheets....LOL

I am needing a step stool to get into bed.. I was wondering what that cost of those tempurpedic's are and if they really work. So I would like to keep track of your progress in the next 90 days.

My Hubby also has SEVERE Siatica. he hasn't been able to work since January. His back surgery day was a year ago today and he has had nothing but trouble.
    Hoping it might help him too.

Thanks
    Angel
  3. livin4him

livin4him New Member

The total price for mattress and foundation was around $2400. They were also having a special at that time that you got 2 free pillows up to $300. My pillows were $260. Hope that helps you.

The height at I'm at now with regular bedframe, foundation and mattress is 27" high. My other was about 33" high with everything I had piled on it. I definitely like being at the lower level.

I am still not sure about whether it is going to help or not though. The first two nights were marked improvement, but not so on the third and fourth night. They say it takes one month of use to actually know if it is going to work for you or not.

Heat from mattress- this was one of my concerns, and I really did notice that last night, I was sweating in that one spot, kind of like a heating pad. Not sure how I like that, on one hand it feels good to my back, on the other I was hot. Tonight I will turn my fan on and see how that feels.

Will keep everyone posted on my experience with tempurpedic.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/06/2006]
  4. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

I have a Talalay Latex mattress. It doesn't have hot spots like Tempurpedic mattresses do.

It has three layers of 3" latex and you can choose the hardness of each layer.

I have had it for a year and a half. I haven't had a pain in my back or my hips from sleeping since I bought it. I am a side sleeper and couldn't walk after I got up when I had my old mattress.

I bought mine on the internet from a COMpany called foamsweetfoam. When I bought mine it was around $1,200 and you get two pillows with it.

It's also a lot of fun opening up each layer.

Dee
  5. livin4him

livin4him New Member

Thanks for the information. Did you get a trial period with your mattress? Also, what do you mean opening the layers?
  6. livin4him

livin4him New Member

My back has been better to some degree in the morning now. The jury is still out. I did get excessively hot one night, but I think that was just a fever I had that night. I talked to the lady at Brookstone and she said to walk around on the bed just to try and loosen it up a little. I think I will know more in a month.
  7. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

livin4Him,

I didn't even check to see if I got a trial period because I had talked to someone (can't remember who, but who among us can? lol) and they told me how wonderful it was. I was desperate but almost broke. I spent almost all of my money on the mattress and it is the best money I've ever spent.

The layers come rolled up and very small. Apparently, no not apparently for real they have sucked all the air out of the package. When you open the plastic cover the mattress starts sucking up the air it needed to be a mattress. The noise and how the mattress needs air makes it unfold itself. It doesn't sound funny when I say it but my mother, father and myself laughed our butts off. It was so unexpected that when we opened the second one it was even funnier. We had a blast on the third one.

Dee