Tempurpedic Not helping after two weeks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by livin4him, Mar 16, 2006.

1. livin4him

livin4him New Member

I purchased a tempurpedic about two weeks ago and my pain has gotten worse instead of better. So disappointed. I had improvement the first two nights, but it has strangely gotten worse over time. In fact, last night I slept in my recliner and back was better this morning. Also, don't like the heat I get from the tempurpedic. (I have the 90 day trial).

They say you have to give it about a month, so I will see.
    I have started looking again though at an adjustable bed now and a different kind of mattress. If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it.

Thanks so much.
  2. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

and saw some improvement with that. It was a 2" topper.

However a year later I bought my sleep number and I have had it for 2 years now and love it. Bad nights I will adjust it several times (the first few months I was up and down all night long...) but as I started getting the number fine tuned to my comfort level I eventually found that I would sleep for several weeks in a row without ever making an adjustment.

3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I just purchased a sleep nnumber and I could"t sleep on it so I"m sending it back.I felt very bad about not being able to keep it, but you know sleep is so inportant and when I don"t get engough sleep the depression starts to raise its ugly head.hope you can find something that will help you get a good nites sleep. Sixtyslady
  4. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I have a tempurpedic adjustable bed and love it...i started just with the tempurpedic and then upgraded to an adjustable so my poor husband wouldnt have to lift me out of bed every am.(big bucks tho)

Now i can get up on my own(not just cuz of the bed)but i love the snuggly feeling of my bed. We are going to fla tomorrow to see my baby sis and dtr and i actually am going to miss my bed!!!!Hope i can sleep down there!

Hope it works out for you
  5. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Oy I do not like those temperpedics at all..... if you are overweight and so is hubby you form the offical taco positiona nd can not move.

I would never recommend that bed to anyone who was at all over weight!

We need a new mattress too and I have no idea what we are going to do.

About 7 years ago I bought a sealy posture pedic and was lovely UNTIL I got married. Now that hubby and I both have been int he bed together it is sadly sagging! We flip it all the time so the coils can bounce back but my bounce is unspringing lol.

With the combined weight of he and I being cose to 600 pounds we need an elephant bed.

THat is something to ask sales people what is the rating of the bed and how much weight can it take that way.

Hope that helps Brenda
  6. cats3

cats3 New Member

The late Christopher Reeve used a SAT (self adjusting technology) mattress.

Clinically recognized to provide:
    Zero Pressure Points
    Ergonomic Support
    Reduced Skin Temperature
    Efficient Blood Circulation
    Deep REM Sleep

I don't have this bed but I am interested in it.

More information can be found on the web site satbed.
  7. Defibro

Defibro New Member

I got it from mattress liquidation in AZ, they have soft, medium, and hard. I got the soft. Their prices are better than the stores..

It consist of a solid core latex 5.5", wrapped in soft latex, then the cover material (you have a choice there also), total of 10.5", they are kind of heavy.

Best of luck
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Was sleeping on one of those air mattresses on top of a box spring. I don't like the memory foam as it squishes down and I am not a heavy person.

Currently I have regular mattress with 2inch foam on top then imitiation feather bed on top of that-need a ladder to climb in, but I can still feel that darned pea.

signed LOL "princess"

Not really just Anne C
  9. livin4him

livin4him New Member

It is so great to hear what has/has not worked for everyone, boy what a great board, huh?

Donna - I bought it from Brookstone, I have the Supreme mattress.

I'm not too heavy of a person, so I don't have that problem of getting locked into that one position.

I think it is just too firm for me. The one thing with my old mattress that helped was the topper I had on top, it was full of the pillow stuffing.

Anyway, I am going to check into all of these beds and hopefully will be able to find one that will work. I think an adjustable would help simply because of how my recliner helps me. But, I am a side sleeper and am curious how that would work.

Thanks to all. May God Bless You and Make His Face to Shine Upon You.
  10. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I just take my topper-()I have one over the memory foam bed)roll it up and take it with me.I put it on whatever bed that I'm sleeping on-even motel rooms.linda
  11. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Sorry that bed didn't work for you. I thought about getting one of those, but was afraid it would be too warm.

I really blew the budget and ordered an adjustable bed.

It should be here any day now, and I will post how it works out for me.

Sue in Ontario
  12. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

See my post to livin4him on Mar 9th (I think) titled
    Talalay Latex
  13. lin-z

lin-z New Member

where did you get your topper that just rolls up??? is it small enough to pack in luggage or carry on a plane? too late for this trip but i hope i will have many more!!!! thank you so much!!

Lin-z
  14. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi.

I went out shopping a few weeks ago for a new bed. I lay on a few tempurpedics, but didnt' like them.

The sleep number bed I was on, felt good, but way too expensive.

I found a nice beautyrest set and it's great. not too hard and not too soft.

I'm asleep in a short amount of time, most nights.

Good Luck.
    Kendra