Tender Head....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by star273, Apr 2, 2009.

1. star273

star273 New Member

Just wondering if anyone else has a tender head? My head is tender all the time. I have alot of sinus problems but I wonder if its the FM too...
  2. sascha

sascha Member

quite a bit. i started using neti pot and warm water with salt in it to clear out sinuses, and that helped. i was having a lot of congestion plus sinus headaches. i have cfs, and probably some fm, and i think the valcyte made my head more sensitive. i can't tolerate much noise or lights that are too bright.

that neti pot, though, really helped me. sascha
  3. NIELK

NIELK Member

I suffer from cfs and have a lot of sinus problems. Even after two sinus surgeries I still suffer from sinus headaches almost every day. My head is always sore and tender. I cannot wear anything on my head like a hat because it gives me an intense headache. I'm also sensitive to noises. I don't know if it's just because of the sinus problem or because of cfs. I have a feeling that it's all interconnected. I had a lot of sinus infections as a child (before the cfs) because of a deviated septum but, I didn't have the soreness in the head till I got CFS.
  4. maggiecolusa

maggiecolusa New Member

i have in the past, had alot of sinus problems, but, did not have the tenderness on my head until coming down with fibromyalgia. it feels as if someone has beat me about the head!!! very painful. & the stangest part is that it is worse when my hair needs washed!!! really wierd.
  5. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I get the tender head, face and scalp. To me, it's a fibro flare. My sinus x-rays always come out OK, but I get spells that last for days. The neuro doctor called it allodynia and relates it (for me) to a disorder called 'migraine syndrome' (google it). Many of my symptoms are there and you don't have to have a headache to have this syndrome.

I find washing my hair in very warm water helps. Sounds crazy but it helps me. Others like ice packs on the head to numb the pain.