tender points with flare-ups

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tes, Oct 15, 2002.

1. tes

tes New Member

I have alot of the tender points associated with fms. I was just wondering if they tend to get more sensitive when a flare starts up. I myself notice that when I'm really bad my tender points cannot be touched because they hurt so bad. When my flare starts to ease up I notice that my tender points ease up as well. Is this normal? Does anyone feel the same way.
    Take care,
    Tes
  2. tes

tes New Member

I have alot of the tender points associated with fms. I was just wondering if they tend to get more sensitive when a flare starts up. I myself notice that when I'm really bad my tender points cannot be touched because they hurt so bad. When my flare starts to ease up I notice that my tender points ease up as well. Is this normal? Does anyone feel the same way.
    Take care,
    Tes
  3. timmissyh

timmissyh New Member

Tes,
    I have the same problem with the tender points. Some times it makes it hard to sleep, it seems that no matter which way I turn in bed I hit one (or more!) These stupid points make it even hard to give and receive HUGS! My most recent flare up has now last for about 3 weeks and I am ready for a break! I sure could use about a weeks worth of sleep and a good HUG!
    You take care!
    Missyh
  4. debrastets

debrastets New Member

yes; it Is with me!I am walking real slow today because of flare up!But it seem when its real bad i am tender in more places ! i have a hard time even laying down when i am like this! Wished it would just go away from all of us! Hope you are having a good day today!
  5. fibolady

fibolady New Member

and flare ups. plus practically my whole body aches (like the old saying we know of, like the flu). the best i can do is take a warm bath with the epsom salts, this really helps and you haven't tried this, try it. it at least eases up the pain for a short period and any relief helps with the mental part of this dd.

hope you are feeling better soon.

warm regards, fibolady

[ advertisement ]