Tender spots on my back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlp1954, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. mlp1954

    mlp1954 New Member

    I also posted this on the arthtitis board since I supposedly have RA, but wanted the Fibromyalgia people to comment on this too. I have very tender to touch spots all over my upper back and shoulders and down to about mid back range. It is the same on both sides, extremely tender to touch, and hurts deep down when touched. Sometimes I forget and if I reach back to scratch a spot, it is a deep deep pain. Does anyone else have this? Is it part of our RA, or possibly Fibromyalgia. It hurts even not to touch at times, but it is a deep rooted hurt when it is pressed or touch. It is on top of my shoulders too, right where the bra strap is, and hurts like crazy. Does anyone else have this and what does their doctor say? Mine didnt seem to be very interested in hearing about it. Pattie
  2. Cromwell

    Cromwell New Member

    this is Fm. Many people have arthritis and FM/CFS and other connective tissue disorders comorbid. The shoulders, neck and back are bad spots for me right now, though a couple of weeks ago my legs hurt the worse. Cannot win. Think same meds address both.
    Love Anne
  3. mlp1954

    mlp1954 New Member

    Thanks for the replies. I have pain all over too, inside, in the joints, hips, knees and elbows, neck and back. I just have these tender spots, that hurt to touch, exactly the same on both sides of my back, Kind of feel like it was bruised and is tender to touch, I dont think I have the tender to touch spots anywhere else. Thanks pattie
  4. lvjesus

    lvjesus Member

    Most of my spots are on my back and feel like bruises.

  5. mlp1954

    mlp1954 New Member

    Yes it does feel like bad bruises when I touch those spots. The pain then lingers and it hurts for about a minute or so after I stop touching the area. It seems to be a deep long lasting pain. Is that still sounding like Fibro. Can it be on the top of the shoulders? Is it only in the spots they show on the diagrams for fibro, or can it be in more places? Thanks again.
  6. mlp1954

    mlp1954 New Member

    I have a rheumatologist but he didnt seem to think anything of the sore spots on my back. I am thinking about switching doctors as he has seemed less than interested in me. In fact I was due to see him last month and have not done it. I dont know if my spots that hurt are in the right area, I wonder what it is if not Fibro? Maybe my ra? Thanks for the input. pattie

[ advertisement ]