Tender spots on scalp

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by asilvius, Nov 4, 2002.

1. asilvius

asilvius New Member

Does anyone else experience the tender spots on their scalp? It is not all over, but just spot about the size of a quarter and not always in same postion. Some days there are several and it hurts to brush hair other days maybe only one spot. I have been trying to figure out FM for about 14 years and am not in agreement with the medical community that is isn't progressive.

Anneta
  2. asilvius

asilvius New Member

Does anyone else experience the tender spots on their scalp? It is not all over, but just spot about the size of a quarter and not always in same postion. Some days there are several and it hurts to brush hair other days maybe only one spot. I have been trying to figure out FM for about 14 years and am not in agreement with the medical community that is isn't progressive.

Anneta
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It usually goes away in a day or two. Don't know what causes it.

Love, Mikie
  4. tes

tes New Member

I do experience that as well from time to time. I'm not sure if they are tender points. Whenever I feel the tender spot, I just assumed that I bumped my head without being aware of it. But now I guess it could be another fibro thing. Joy of Joy.lol.

Hope you feel better soon,
    Tes
  5. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

tight muscles - I just pressed on my head and found all sorts of trigger points!

who knows??? right? it's just plain ole pain as usual
  6. motg

motg New Member

I have the same thing a few time a month not sure why
    Barb
  7. melksng

melksng New Member

My mother and i both have fibro and have the same problem, I usualy have bad headaches and a tingling feeling after brushing my hair, I have had this all my life(hugz)......Melissa
  8. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

all the time--several times a month. Don't know what causes it. I find washing my hair with very warm water helps. It may be tight muscles--the warmth helps me.
    Tania
  9. RoseTx

RoseTx New Member

I have those spots also and so I keep my hair short and straight. It looks awful but I really can't stand brushing my hair very much. When I brush my hair it seems to set off a feeling somewhere inside my head that feels just like a pager vibrating. I used to try to explain the feeling to the doctors but they looked at me with that look that says, "Is this woman crazy?" So now I just have it and keep my mouth shut about it.
    Well, of course it is progressive. I think there are probably very few of us who agree with the medical people about this. I have had this DD most of my life and it gets worse every year. But then, my ability to cope with it gets stronger each year. Hugs, Rose
  10. Ness

Ness New Member

I have had those tender spots on and off ever since I can remember. Glad to know it's not just me. The spots feel like knots sometimes.

Peace
    Ness
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2002]
  11. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

The Scalp Pain I get is due to the combo of FMS/MPS, and a Trigger point in the splenius capitus, it actually starts at the back of my neck and goes to the Top of my Scalp.

My Hair hurts at time's, and I used to think I was weird, lol, but nope just a PWC. Sometimes when it's windy outside, the breeze can make the hair hurt, but I can't wear hat's because then they cause me to have Headaches.

I keep as warm as possible, and I wash my hair in very warm water about 3 times a week, or if it starts hurting, I'll take a warm shower and then my muscle relaxers and a pain med.

I keep my hair short now, I had long hair lasst year, but cut it and sent it to locksoflove
    they make wigs for sick kids who have lost their hair.

I was going to grow it long again, but lately my hair has been hurting a lot so guess I'll have to cut it again.

Check out thoes Trigger Points of the FMS/MPS combo, maybe they'll help you like it did me, knowing what the cause is and then Trying to get rid of it.

Have a Sunshine Day,
    kredca4/sharon
  12. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

I started having that problem back about 22 yrs. ago.
    I use to think it was because I was burning my scalp with the curling iron. But then I stopped using curling irons and I still had them.
    Sometimes I tell my husband to look at my scalp and see if anything's there. He never sees anything except maybe just a little pink or red spot...
    I keep telling my docs about this but they never really say anything.
    oh well..........

LOVE,
    HOUSEOFBLUES
  13. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I experience this also. Sometimes just brushing my hair is a painful task or just running my fingers through my hair. I had this happen long before I was diagnosed. Sorry for your pain but it makes me glad to know I'm not crazy, that others experience this also.

Crissie
  14. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Does it make the Nape of your Neck red and splotchy when you wear your Hair up?
    I have had this a long, long time, along with the Scalp pain. Forgot to ask earlier, lol.

Have a Painfree day,
    Sincerely
    kredca4