Tendonitis & Fibro??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanswajo, Sep 8, 2005.

1. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

I thought I had Carpal Tunnel, or so my Neurologist said. Now I find out it is Tendonitis. I also have it in my feet and I'm sure it is elsewhere too.

Anyone else with Fibro have tendonitis problems? Is this a part of FIbro? I still wonder if it isn't something else that I can FIX!

Nancy
  2. bozey

bozey New Member

I have tendonitis in my shoulder and wrists and fingers and I'm sure many other places. I'm sure it is the fibro making life more fun for us. And mine could be part of aging. I am 52. Maybe someone else has a better answer
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thought is was FM but was arthritis and tendonitis. Have gotten lots of help at a hand clinic. Great news. I don't think I'll have to have cortisone now. So happy.

You're not alone. Pursue a cure as this is very treatable.

Sue
  4. elsa

elsa New Member

Left elbow is in worse shape then any of the other sites .... both wrists, hands and sometimes left knee. By about Feb. I look crazy with all the ace support
    bandages. Winter is just very hard on it.

Not many problems at the moment, left elbow shouts at me sometimes, but nothing like it can get. I really think fibro has a hugh hand in tendonitis pain. After all, it is a soft tissue problem.

As a matter of fact, while my doctor and I were waiting for those initial , rule out other illnesses test results,
    he thought I had a classic case of tennis elbow. We've pretty much given it over to fibromyalgia now.

Irritating, can be at times painful, but not life threatening ..... so, I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and work towards better days.

Take care,

Elsa
  5. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I have had numerous EMG's and tests for carpul tunnel -
    They all show "slight", but both my Nuero and Rhuemy say it is more Tendonitis than anything........

But, I also have the Fibro, Arthritis, and Diffuse Systemic Scleroderma.........

**DO YOU FIND THAT ONE SIDE OF YOUR BODY IS WORSE THAN THE OTHER SIDE**

I personally do - my right side is worse, hands, foot, hip, leg, back, you name it & my one doc says that is very common - it often will affect one side more than the other..........

Love, Donna

6. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

It is sooooo helpful to know that I am not alone and crazy. I go over and over in my mind: "What is wrong with me? This is crazy. It doesn't make sense. What will I do? ....What is wrong with me?!" Then I hear from you all and I feel like a real person again and not someone just driven by a weird mixed up body that I can't understand.

It seems like every day there is something else strange and painful happening. People at work ask every day: "How are you today?" Fortunately they are all very thoughtful and don't doubt the Fibro, but I worry that they think less of me as a worker and a person because every day I have to tell them it is not any better.

OK, the tendonitis...yes,I do seem to be bothered more on my left side than my right.

My physical therapist suggested I see an orthopedic doctor for it. Anyone have an opinion on that? She said the orthopedist could diagnose and refer for therapy.

I do have an appointment with my rheumy next week. I'd just rather not bring yet one more doctor into the picture.

Thank you all! Nancy
  7. elsa

elsa New Member

I wouldn't bother with an orthoped.. There really isn't much that can be done for tendonitis except to baby it, use support bandages and anti-inflammatories. I take 600 to 800mgs 2-3 times per day anyway, so no need for another rx..

Flexall works great, ....aspercreme is o.k., ... I have
    an rx for voltaren emugel ( not emu oil )that works great on tendonitis. It's a topical that is sold otc just about everywhere but the US and it contains diclofenac sodium 1%
    as main ingredient.

I wish there was some magic a PT could do.... but there
    just isn't. Tendonitis does heal though it takes a while.
    That's true for everyone, not just we fibro-heads.

Take care,

Elsa
  8. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

At first it started out as tendonitis.After 2 cortisone shots and a mri later found out I have an impingmetn in my left shoulder that can be fixed with surgery.No thank you!I just pray that the rotator cuff can hold up and not tear which happens sometimes with these inpingments.This is not a fibro. thing just a deformaty of the bones in my shoulder.Lucky me.

Good luck,
    Sheila
  9. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

Hi All---whoever reads this---Hello!

The tendonitis turned out to be arthritis, according to my rheumalogist. It seems to be in my hip, my ankles, my hands etc....etc.

I am now thinking Lyme disease. I have been bitten by several ticks in the past. At one time I had 2 together behind my knee and they had been there a while. That is when I began to feel extremely dizzy just lying down. This was probably 2 years ago...maybe 3.

Now I am mad at my former PC doc for not giving me antibiotics. She did a Lyme titer, but it came back negative. Now I have heard that they are not always accurate.

Anyone know of a good doc in Southern New Hampshire or Northeast Mass. for Lyme diagnoses and treatment?!

Nancy

10. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

Maybe I need to start a new thread with this question, but am bumping once to see if anyone can answer. Thanks!
    Nancy
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And other tendon problems. I slipped on algae on a boat dock about six years ago and my feet went out from under me. All my weight came down but I continued to hang on with one hand on the rail. It snapped my right bicep tendon. I had to have surgery to have it reattached.

When the doc did the surgery, he had a hard time because the tendon was in bad condition. I've always lifted weights and that may have contributed to the problem, but I've read that our tendons are not healthy.

Love, Mikie