Tennis Elbow/ a sign of fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleen, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Charleen

Charleen New Member

I have had fibro for a long time. In the past few months my left elbow is really hurting me. I heard that it is one of the first signs of fibro. Does those elbo bands help? I hate to pay out $20.00 for something that won't help.
    Thank You all so much I appreciate all of my fibro family
    Charleen
  2. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

Hi Charleen,

I also have had Fibro for quite some time AND, I have had elbow pain diagnosed as Tendinitis by an Ortho Dr. The pain is nowhere near the level it used to be...mainly because I am no longer working outside the home! When I was working part-time, I had a terrible time with pain in my elbows all the way down into my wrists. I tried the elbow bands. They did not work for me at all. With that said; I will tell you that the bands DID help my sister when she sufferred with elbow pain. She has FM too, altho' she has been blessed with mild symptoms & has more time of remission (I have never had any remission!) than time with symptoms. Lucky her!

I guess that doesn't help you much, but I wanted to tell you about our experiences. I do think the elbow pain &/or tendinitis is a common co-existing condition of FM. I guess like most of the treatments we discuss; it helps some but not others.

Do you have health insurance that covers medical equipment/supplies? If a Dr. ordered the bands for you; it might be covered? I don't think I had to pay for mine. Gee, I wish I could send them to you! Mine just sit in a drawer! Bummer.

Best wishes for getting some relief. I know how limiting it can be to have that pain...Pretty much everything you do with your hands & arms aggravates it. Another suggestion given to me was to use Capsacian (sp?!) cream. I remember using it & it helped a bit. I think it works best if you use it every day/ regularly. Hope you get relief soon.

Hugs,
    Annie
  3. bozey

bozey New Member

I have FM & CFS. I used one of those bands on my arm for my elbow and it helped tremendously.

Be sure to put it about 2 inches below your elbow.
    Don't have it too tight. Just tight enough so you know it is there. You will notice some relief. Wear it daily. It keeps you from over using your muscles that go to your elbow.

I had great relief from wearing my band and still have to use it every once in a while. For me, it kept me from having to face surgery to have it fixed. I won't have surgeries because I have RSD also.

To me, it was worth the money for the band. I hope it is for you too.

Maybe ask the pharmacist how to wear the band so you get it in the right place.

Good luck to you.

bozey

4. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I have that in both elbows. I have spent sooooo much money on stuff to try to help my suffering that I have decided to stop trying things. Unless someone on here says ... hey it really helps ... I am not wasting any more money (that I have very little of).
  5. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

elbow - it's in the muscle right below your elbow on the top of your arm. Those bands put there do help. I had it a long time ago because I played a lot of tennis.
  6. Charleen

Charleen New Member

Thank you all so very much I appreciate anything that can help. I will pay out the $20. thank you all
  7. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I think it helps me! Best of luck...
    Mini