Tennis elbow?, huh???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lighthouselady, Oct 30, 2006.

1. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

I was just diagnosed with tennis elbow (tendinitis) last week by my doctor. Of course, I believe him, I pretty well knew it anyway. But what I want to know is how someone who is disabled, not working, doesn't do anything specific to get "tennis elbow", can get it. Is this just another saga in my already sad tale of FMS? I used to be a transcriptionist for 25 years but haven't worked in over a year now. Could it have taken that long to come? I'm just very tired of dealing with another new "pain". Maybe I should just wrap myself up in cotton and then maybe I wouldn't injure myself. Oh well, thanks for letting me vent. I was wondering how many other of us fibromites have this condition.

Judy
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Can I be wrapped in cotton too please?

I had a dentist appointment this morning and I feel awful now.

Judy I had tennis elbow a few years ago. Before I was diagnosed with FM. I was doing a lot of sewing then and I think it is caused by a repetitive motion.

I had to rest my elbow for it to heal so then I ended up over using the other elbow and getting tennis elbow in it too. GRRR!

I notice if I pick up any heavy now I can feel the pain in the same area. I think for us fibromites our muscles are so tight that it takes very little cause an injury.

Sending hugs to you
    Redwillow
  3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

this seems to be a problem I am having with my entire left arm. It started in my upper arm, and now has gone up to my neck and down to my hand.(I am left handed too)

I think it is because I haven't had a decent massage since May. I've had massages since then, but that have been <b>totally</b> inadaquite. I only work everyother Saturday since I got real sick this summer,(Iam a hair stylist) and I can hardly handle doing 6 haircuts in a day!

Because of this, I have really come to realize how a good massage therapist is vital to my well being. If I can't get this fixed a.s.a.p I will have to quite my job.

Raz
  4. TKE

TKE New Member

Same here..., sewing factory 11 years , groomed dogs 7 plus years prfessionally-privately 35 years, 7 years on computer jobwise plus home use, etc. Lots of repetative motion.

I wear a pull on elbow brace, Ace brand, when mine flares up or I know I'm gonna tax my elbow. Helps to keep it from getting worse. Doc told me not to wear it to bed tho.

My Huz keeps threatening to put me in a rubber suit & stick me to the wall so I don't do any more injury to myself, LOL.
  5. Summit

Summit New Member

I just read a pamphlet about "fibromyalgia" that I got from the doc's office. And yep, you guessed it. Fibromyalgia can cause tennis elbow! Sorry. I know I'm beginning to wonder "is there anything fibro doesn't cause???????" it is frustrating for sure. take care
  6. lighthouselady

Just when I thought fibro was done hitting places on my body, here it comes again. Hayley, I will check out those posts on trigger points. I'm trying not to mouse too much cuz it makes it worse but I'll figure out a way. That pull on wrap sounds like it might help. I know the one I have for my knee helps when it is acting up. Is is made of Neopreme? Hey, that rubber suit sounds like a good idea!

Thanks everyone, I feel better just knowing I'm not alone in this fight.

Judy
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have had 3 cortisone shots. p.t. nothing worked.

it gets hot to the touch the skin area. also feels like it is burning.

the ortho dr. said it should clear up on it's own w/o anything w/in 6 months no longer than a year.

so this is what i am doing for xmas and my b-day surgery. they say 50-60% chance it will help.

mayoclinic says more like 80%

well i guess it worth a chance for me.

jodie
  8. janie056

janie056 New Member

I thought the same thing when the doc told me I had tennis elbow a few years ago! I did type on computer for over twenty years, but was never into sports much, although I was quite a tomboy. I was always getting banged up!
    I had a cortizone shot about four months ago and still pain free, but man does it hurt in that spot!

Vent anytime at all, I do it all to often.

Hope your feeling a bit better today,

Love to you,
    Jane
  9. Empower

Empower New Member

I had tennis elbow in the spring and it was truly painful

My doctor gave me this sort of wrap to wear, but it took months for the pain to subside, so I can sympathize
  10. lighthouselady

I guess I should have known, I've had bilateral carpal tunnel, right thumb tendinitis (which actually contributed to my losing my job) and now this. I guess I have "quirky" tendons, huh? Oh well. Thanks all.

Judy