Tennis Teacher has CFS and gimpy legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by interstate_4, Jan 30, 2007.

1. interstate_4

interstate_4 New Member

I am wondering if anyone else with CFS experiences what I do?
    In 1988 I was diagnosed with CFS. I was a tennis player and coach and spent all day on the tennis court running and teaching.
    I haven't been able to teach tennis since 1988, due to the mainly weak, heavy and painful thigh muscles.
    I used to run a 5-minute mile and run 8-kms a day. Haven't done that too since 1988.
    I'd be interested to know if anyone else has specifially the same symptoms in the thigh muscles that I do?
    (Mark)
  2. jole

jole Member

My worst problems are upper back, shoulders, neck and head pain. Next is my thighs. I have muscle spasms in them, especially my left one, and a heavy feeling that makes this leg very weak at times. when I walk, the left leg tends to drag on bad days.

I find myself unknowingly massaging my thigh A LOT when sitting, and sometimes even when standing. the muscles feel like hard ridges and will roll out from under my fingers as I massage.

This leg causes me to tire very quickly when walking, and I can't shop anymore because it gives out very quickly. Sometimes just walking a block is too much. Is this how yours is? I was a nurse and walked all day. You were a coach. Wonder if it is because we used them so much before????