tens machines

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kirsty28, Jan 7, 2006.

1. kirsty28

kirsty28 New Member

do these help?
    my lower back is hurtingbadly lately..so much that a scalding hot water bottle feels better than the deep ache...
    was thinking of trying this?
    also what medicine is best for the adrenals?
    cheers from the u.k if you know..kirsty xx
  2. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Some may have great relief from a tens unit...everyone is a little different....But with my experience...

the tens unit did no good for me...as a matter of fact it made me hurt worse for some reason...but that was just me...it's always worth giving it a try though...My heating pad is the only thing I have found to help the most for me.

I hope you feel better ang get some relief soon!!

((Hugs))
    ~Bluerose~
  3. sniffles

sniffles New Member

I also tried a tens unit for severe back problems and it only made things worse in many ways. I ended up having more pain and then the nerve endings seemed to become much more sensitive and started feeling like I was getting a electrical shock all through the nerve endings where I had used the unit. I quit using it, but at times I still get the electrical feelings running all over my back and you can't get it to stop until it is ready. It is almost unbearable when this happens. I know some people use them with good results, but this is my experience with it. Sorry I couldn't have good report on it. One other idea, which has helped me since then. I had to go to getting spinal epaduarals to relieve the pain and it has been a life saver for me for the last 15 yrs. It is the only thing that keeps me on my feet. I get them about 3 times a year and the only problem I have with them is that it has caused me to gain weight(steroids) but I can walk and still do things that helps me to be independent and able to enjoy some good days. I tried the tens unit about 3 yrs ago. Sniffles