tens?mens?ultrsound?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by twister425, Oct 10, 2005.

1. twister425

twister425 New Member

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone can give me any info on these units? I am seeing my dr. today and i would like to try something?? any input is appreciated!
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I have used it off & on for the past 7 years. I don't know if it is only a "mental" help or if it really does help but I do get some relief.

Good luck.

Kelly
  3. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

I love it, because on the days it helps, it realy does. But sometimes, I can't get it turned up high enough to block a pain signal without causing the muscle to jump!

Is the "mens" microcurrent therapy?

I have a good friend who has gotten microcurrent therapy treatments, given by a practitioner in NW IN. My friend says that it feels great, but can't imagine that what she is receiving could be portable. So I guess what I see on the 'net is not what she's talking about.

As far as the tens, it is supposed to block pain signals. The microcurrent is supposed to be of such a frequency that it helps to align cells and stimulate repair and healing.

But I don't know... Good luck and let us know if one or the other works for you!

Lollie
  4. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I have a tens unit and it does help with the pain. Doesn't usually take it all away but gives some relief.

I have FMS and think I need more attachments with electrodes since I have more than one spot that hurts! I usually pick which place hurts the worst.

I think you can rent or buy, they did use an electrical stimulation device on me in physical therapy which was similar to the tens unit. I don't remember what that was called, it could have been mens.

My provider told me to wait 40 minutes between treatments on the same area or it could lose its effectiveness. But I can go from lower back to my shoulders right away.