TENS SYSTEMS HAVE IMPROVED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jgavi, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

OK.I FINALLY GOT THE TENS SYSTEM, I STAYED AWAY FROM IT FOR YEARS BECAUSE OF MIXED REVIEWS BUT MY DR SAID TO TRY IT SINCE THEY HAVE IMPROVED THE SYSTEM.

WELL IT DOES HELP MORE THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD.!

INSURANCE COMPANY PAYS FOR 80 PERCENT OF IT...I PAID $50.
    YOU CAN TRY IT OUT FOR 30 DAYS AND NOT BUY IT IF IT DOESNT WORK FOR YOU ALSO.

IT IS AMAZING HOW MUCH IT CAN HELP THE REALLY BAD PARTS OF THE BODY, MY BACK AND SHOULDERS HAD A MASSIVE ZAP OF THIS TENS SYSTEM FOR ABOUT 45 MINS....THE PAIN WENT DOWN A GOOD 80 PERCENT, PAIN STAYED DOWN FOR A GOOD 2-3 HOURS!

I WOULD CHECK INTO IT IF YOU HAVE REALLY BAD FLARE UPS IN THOSE TROUBLED SPOTS IN YOUR BODY.
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

I have wondered about this....thanks for sharing your experience...

Blessings.......Susan
  3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I will be getting one of these myself. My rheumy prescribed it for me after it was recommended by the PT that I was going to.

When I was in PT it was used for 30 minutes every visit, and reduced the pain in my shoulders, back and arms from a 9 down to a 5 for at least 3 hrs.

A 4 point decrease may not seem like a lot but let me tell you it is when you run a 9 all the time from the waist up.

Jake
  4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I've used a tens unit off and on for many years. I found the more I played around with it the more I learned how to get my pain level down. They work very well if you take the time to try different rates, pulses and speeds. One thing some folks don't know is that there is a switch on the inside of the unit (where the battery is) that lets your choice the strength of the unit. Weak or strong.
    Dee50
  5. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

my back. Its collecting dust in the closet. Its an Empi brand. Used to be the best there was. I need to get it out. The past two weeks have been the worst its ever been. When I got it, my insurance wouldnt pay for it. They would pay for a cheap one but I tried them(about 4) and none worked like the Empi. I will go get a new rechargeable battery and try it again.

Suzette
  6. cookstove

cookstove New Member

I originally had a tens unit and then later switched to a microcurrent machine that is wonderful. It was large and great when I was at home, but not too convenient to use when traveling, etc.

A few years ago my microcurrent machine supplier came out with a portable microcurrent machine (about the size of the tens unit). Now I have both. I can hook both the small one and the large one up for a double whammy or using two different currents at one sitting when I am at home. The small unit is small enough that it is very convenient when I am traveling in the car.

I have spurts where I do not use them as often as I should, but I always go back to them. They are wonderful.
  7. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

what is a tens unit please.could you explain it and is there in danger in using one thanks 60"s lady
  8. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Hi there, I don't know of any danger in using a tens unit. The ten unit uses pads that stick onto your skin and a long covered wire that plugs into a small box (the ten unit). It uses electric current to stop pain
    Dee50
  9. SandraJean

SandraJean New Member

Hi there,

I just started using a tens unit again now too and am having alot of luck helping with my painful shoulder. I used to use one a number of years ago on my knees and one of my friends passed away a couple of years ago and they gave men her tens usit. I hadn't tried using it till last week when I started pt again. The retaught me how to use it where to put the pads to work the best. I've been able to go out with it on too and will have my pain levels dropped alot.

Sandy