Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Jan 24, 2007.

  1. NyroFan

    NyroFan New Member

    Hello all,

    *Hi Five Sue*

    I went to ebay to buy a tens unit. Does anyone know what exactly to look for. i became very confused the about what was what: cord, units with no cords, etc., etc.

    Does anyone know what I should look for?

    Thank you,

  2. cjcookie

    cjcookie New Member

    My insurance paid for mine. I had no idea people sold them on eBay. I think I have two of them. Mine hooked on my pants and had cords that hooked onto the electrode pads. If I were you, I'd buy one that has some type of cover over the controls. One of mine doesn't and if you accidentally bump it and the thing gets turned up, you can get quite a jolt.
  3. NyroFan

    NyroFan New Member


    HiFive and 'cookie'
    I am so glad to hear from you both.
    I love your posts and always look for them.

    I have to agree: one must get all of the parts. On e-bay I found some that were 'missisng', but could not tell one part from another.

    And the search continues.

    [This Message was Edited on 01/25/2007]
  4. texasmaia

    texasmaia New Member

    I got a tens from my pain management doc last month after the cervical surgery. One of the things they gave me was a belt to go with it...they call it a garment. At first I thought it was just Extra ya know? I love that thing. It has electrode patches that are about 300% larger than the regular ones so can cover a very large area.

    Mine is on a rental basis, which I was thankful for until I found out if I liked it or not.

    I really do like it. There are some settings that hurt like the dickens, but others that feel wonderful and truly take away the pain.

    Doc also put me on Lyrica and I was scheduled for injections in the lumbar area of my spine to postpone surgery a little while, since I just had C3-C7 done.

    Well, I don't know why, but the pain in the lower back is nearly gone and I have cancelled the injection appointment.

    My husband hurt his back in the ice and snow we've been having. We are farmers and ranchers with about 4,000 cows to feed and water in the middle of this stuff. There is no sick days to call in or time to rest it...he has to be out there every day.

    I put the tens on him, had him lay on a heating pad when he came in at night for about three nights and he was pretty well good to keep going.

    I hope you find one soon. They really are fairly inexpensive on the internet. I found some nice units for $40 to $80 when I was looking to purchase. I will end up buying one myself. Insurance is paying the rental now.

  5. I also got my tens unit from my pain dr. and a man from the company came to the house and showed me how to use it. That is very important. Insurance co. do pay for them.
  6. moejoe

    moejoe New Member

    I got mu TEns unit from the Body Clock website. It is in the UK. It is a Libra Tens, it cost about 120 dollars. I didn't want to mess with my insurance company to try to get them to pay for it so I just bought one. I think most of the U.S websites need to have a prescription. THis website did not require that. I did have to pay some extra unexpected shipping costs, but other than that I am happy with it. It came with everything you need. I did get some extra pads, and when I need more I will have to find them closer to home so I don't have to pay that shipping cost. I looked at the Tens Units that they had at the Medical Supply places here and they wanted 200 dollars for the same unit that I saw on the internet for 50 dollars. So you definitely need to shop around. There is a lot of variation. But I think if you just want to buy one the internet is the way to go.


[ advertisement ]