Tens

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cin, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Cin

Cin New Member

Hey everyone,
    For me, one of the best things that we do for each other, besides support and comfort, is to let everyone know when we find something that works for us. I just wanted to let all of you know that I have been using a TENS unit now for about a week and it has helped immensely with the pain. Obviously it doesn't last forever, but it is good for a couple of hours of reduced pain. Also, it didn't cost a fortune. I got mine for $85, which included insured priority shipping.
    I know many of you try to use drugs as infrequently as possible and I just wanted to share my experience with something that is non-narcotic.
    Good Luck,
    ~~Cindi~~
  2. j9miller

j9miller New Member

Cindi,

I am so glad that the TENS is working for you. Many people on the board have tried the unit. Some have liked it and others not so much. I have a different type of unit. It starts as a TENS device then works as a deep muscle massage afterwards. I have a love/hate relationship with it. It helps sometimes but others it causes me more pain. While I have it in place I do notice a lessening of the pain but as soon as it is done the pain is back and usually a whole lot more. Just goes to show you how some things work well for one and not another.
    I wish you well with the unit.

Janine
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I need to check into one of these units!! i've heard alot of good about them.Don't ya need a script for one??Just want to know because I really would like to try one.And is it something you can easliy do on yourself??Where can ya get one?
    Thanx.....and take care~
    Hugs,
    Tracey
  4. Cin

Cin New Member

...so much. As I said, I just wanted to share because almost everything I have learned that has helped me has come from all of you and what you are all doing.

Tracey, if you want, you can email me and I will give you the name of the place I got mine. I will leave my email address up until you get it.
    Good Luck all,
    ~~Cindi~~

[This Message was Edited on 06/21/2003]
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

thanks!! I'll write ya as soon as I can.maybe tonight or tomorrow~ take care.......
    Tracey
  6. rosebud41298

rosebud41298 New Member

Sometimes I forget to use mine. But yes it helps when I remember. I have been known to take to work and just keep it all attached and turn on as needed!! By the way how did you pay $85?????!! Mine with RX I bought with insurance money from an accident for $400-600 (cant remember how much)!!!! I wonder if there are different types?? Anyone have an answer?
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

I tried to e-mail you and i recieved a notice in my mailbox that your addy has Permanent fatal errors???So I take it you did'nt get it?Oh well....i'll look into one,either online or ask my dr about it~Thanks anyway!!
    Take care,
    Tracey
  8. rosebud41298

rosebud41298 New Member

I have 2 channels. I can control Pulse Width & Pulse Rate. Mine is for 4 pads. Each two pads I can turn up the pulse from 1-10. I can select the type of stimulation with either burst, conventional or modulation. It takes 9volt battery. I can attach the unit the size of a pager to my clothes. Does this help? The whole set comes in small 8x12 carrying case. For those that don't know what TENS stands for it is "Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator". My pads, reusable are about $20 and last quite awhile.
  9. Cin

Cin New Member

Linda,
    Thank you so much, I didn't know about the piggy back, but I will be sure to investigate. It sounds like something I could really use.
    Rosebud and Lea,
    My unit is called the Perfect-TENS...LOL. That really is the name of it and it operates the same as yours does. It also has a timer that I can set for 30 or 60 minutes. The only thing I can think to make up for the difference in price is that maybe they have come down that much since you have bought yours? I just got mine last week.
    I hope this helps and I thank all of you for the good wishes and the useful tips.
    ~~Cindi~~