Tension on fm/cfs board

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bevy2most, Jan 7, 2008.

1. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I haven't been a member of this board for very long, and it seems that there is a lot of drama that goes on over there. I think I will stay over here for a while. I know it is more light-hearted over here. I thought we were all in this together. I have received so much info from here I just don't like when people take it to the extreme. I hope things settle down soon.
    Hope everyone has a good night,
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

The drama waxes and wanes -- right when I joined several years ago the board was going through a similar situation. For the sake of my own sanity, I just try to think of them as growing pains! After you're here a bit, you'll notices that it goes in cycles...you'll be able to recognize what's going to be the drama du jour and avoid it. Glad you're here!
  3. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I read those heated posts just to keep up with who has left because of it and to make sure I don't accidently step into the fire unknowingly. I may have opinions of a flare but will not post them or mention any names involved in the particular situation. I know that these things eventually work themselves out. Sadly, though it's at the expense of someone leaving. But I'm glad to see that some have not gone too far away! Glad to see you all over here anyway.
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I hate to say it, but I am curious to what happened. I figured out who might have left because I read the 'please don't leave' posts. Is it okay to give me some insight.
    I guess I stay out of things - and am pretty new but it's obvious that there is some 'tension' at times, I guess to be expected when you mix a lot of different personalities, opinions and PAIN? Too bad though.
  5. laceymae

laceymae New Member

It is much safer here...way to much drama over there.

I like to think of us as "the kool kids" or is it the nerds?

Wait a minute...We are Rebels.

Whatever we are, welcome.

6. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I think it would be appropriate if the person whom it directly involves answers your question as I think she may be posting on this board now. It was really just an honest mistake and regretfully have gotten innocent feelings hurt. As I stated earlier, I stay miles away from issues of disagreements and try to remain diplomatic in my own mind.
    None of this stuff makes me mad....it just saddens me.

[This Message was Edited on 01/08/2008]
  7. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

She is not posting on this board...LOL. It is the depression board she posts on. So many forums on here that I forget which one I'm on at times. That is part of the original tension on the CFS board, too.
  8. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

for offering another spot for us to come visit. I'm relatively new here as well and I try to ignore the nasty stuff but sometimes it just keeps going.

I'm here to learn about FM and meet some new "internet friends" because with this disease I've lost a lot of my real life friends.

PS: Thank you!
  9. joyfully

joyfully New Member

There are some people who recharge their batteries by emotionally draining others. There are too many heated debates on the FM board. I don't understand how someone who has FM still has the energy to do all of that bickering. I just don't get it.

I particularly do not like to get "bush whacked". You are reading along on an innocent topic thread when one of the people who like to stir things up makes an unprovolked, defensive, nasty comment. You just feel your stomach tightening. You don't ask for this; it is just suddenly dumped on you. You are ambushed. I don't need the stress and drama, so I avoid the FM board.
  10. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Isn't it amusing that we must resort to disclamers at the end of our posts? I'm glad you added that, or else we may have gotten offended...LOL.

I just hope to continue seeing fun topics here, Lord knows we don't need any more stress. How is it managed over here any way?
  11. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

to all that replied,
    I do keep up with Frank and Elaine, that is happy drama.!!! I say its a new year Elaine, let him meet the folks. If he knows about all of the crazys over here he should handle your family fine....lol
  12. joyfully

joyfully New Member

So where is this medical message board? Was that added recently.

There are several of us who have attempted to get PH to add a thyroid board. A member on the arthritis board got a response that PH was going to add a General Health board. (we are still waiting for this board).

So where is this medical message board? As usual, I'm a bit confused.
  13. Catseye

Catseye Member

Yes, this is most certainly the "happy board". The cfs board has a few people with "bees in their bonnets" and would rather argue than listen and investigate. But they will only suffer because of it. Too bad, so sad.

What's really a shame is when people take that crap to heart and get hurt by it. Never take whimsical comments by a rude person on a message board to heart. Like I've said before, if a two-year old sticks his tongue out at you, do you let it ruin your day? No!! Why not? Because he's two, doesn't know any better, and who cares what a two year-old thinks?! Same difference! So maybe their IQ is two instead of their age. Let it go, it's not worth the adrenaline provocation or rise in blood pressure.

Besides, their mommies are probably turning their computers on for them in the morning and getting lax about supervising them during the day.

14. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

it's best to keep well out of it.

If people want to behave like spoiled kids then let them. It's a real shame though because people get hurt and banned.

15. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Yes, I do most of my posting on the arthritis message board. I thought you were saying that there is a medical message board.

I have emailed PH asking them to please start a thyroid board. I've never received a response. A member on the arthritis board called and talked to PH. She was told that they would put in a General Medical Message Board, and we could post the thyroid stuff there. It never happened. THAT is why I was wondering if you were referring to the additional message board that PH stated they were going to add.

I've asked PH if they would even allow thyroid issues to be posted on the sinusitis message board because that board moves VERY slowly. I get no responses from PH when I ask by email.
  16. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Yes Bevy and all,
    its winter for sure over at that board. I'm glad to see some friendy names over here I though some of you had left til I looked up some bios. I remember back when lots of folks begged and begged to get this board back up and running. Now I know why. Soo happy we have the choice this feels like a great place to be. I'm to sick tired and old to fight:) I'm busy trying to stay out of bed some. As I'm still very ill but I know many are here too.
    Love Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 01/09/2008]
  17. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I'd like the thyroid issues all on one board because I believe there are alot of people on the depression board who have undiagnosed thyroid problems too.
    There are also quite a few who ARE being treated for thyroid on the depression board.

On the arthritis board, there are a bunch of us over there that also have thyroid issues too. I just think posting in one place would be a much more effective way to share the thyroid info instead of having to jump from one board to the next.

Personally, I wouldn't go to the FM board to get thyroid info because one takes the chance of being attacked by the killer bees over there. I don't need that nonsense.

Yes, we could put it on the Chitchat board, but this board moves at a pretty fast pace. Very quickly, the thyroid post would move to the second page and beyond.

I think there are a significant number of members who have thyroid issues and we could really use one place to congregate, share info., and help each other. (anyway, just my opinion)

When I was initially diagnosed with thyroid cancer, I had an endo. dr. that felt you were challenging her decisions if you even asked a question. I had to do alot of investigating on the web to find out how to do the low iodine diet, etc. It is mind boggling how many additives, foods, medications, etc. have iodine in them. I had LOTS of quirky things happen after my initial round of radiation and definitely after the big post ablation round of radiation. It would have really helped if I could have found someone who had experienced this stuff. It would have helped if I knew that I would survive some of the scary parts of the treatment.

I was quaranteened to one room in my home for over a week. I was lucky if I got to see this original endo Dr. for 3 minutes. It was very high stress levels when you are trying ---and you don't even know if you are doing the protocol correctly. I got rid of the first endo. dr. Now, I have a wonderful endo. Dr. (thank God!)

It is really scary when you are confined to a cold table and your limbs are tied down so you can't move while a machine slowly scans your body for radioactive groups of cancer cells.

You lie there and feel the tears streaming down your cheeks. You can't move your arms to even wipe away the tears. You hear the buzzing of the machine and are scared of the unknown. You have no idea what to expect. Then you hear the machine beeping. You know it has detected cells that have absorbed the radioactive iodine. You know they have found more cancer cells.

The cancer board was very little help at this site. The members on the arthritis board rallied around me. I also posted some on this board and the worship board about the thyroid cancer, but I predominately posted on the arthritis board. They helped me more that I can ever express my gratitude. I was concerned that I would get a warning from PH for posting "off topic" on the arthritis board. Thankfully, PH didn't reprimand me for using the arthritis board as my vehicle of communication about my condition.

It would have really helped if there was one place on this site with lots of thyroid information.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/10/2008]
  18. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I don't think I'm allowed to take Armor thyroid because I had thyroid cancer. I can only use the synthetic replacement.

The endo Dr. gave me a RX for a thyroid medication that is T3 today.(cytomel????) I'm replacing part of my synthroid T4 medication for the T3 beginning tomorrow.

I'm still exhausted all of the time. This is why she is giving me some T3. This is not me. I usually have about 3 projects going on simultaneously.

The Dr. said that part may be the beta blocker and another big part is my present diet that is high in carbs. I am not allowed to chew for another 3 weeks. That is orders from the oral surgeon. I injured both TMJ joints during my big fall onto the street.

So what can you eat that you don't have to chew/????? Cream of Wheat, pulverized vegetables, ice cream, cookies dunked in milk, instant oatmeal, cottage cheese and applesauce, tapioca pudding, rice pudding pulverized in the food processor, etc. So I have put on 25 pounds since my thyroid surgery. Part of the weight is from the lack of thyroid, the other recent part is from the no chew diet.

The endo. Dr. told me today that the carbs are making me feel run down. So now I have to figure out what to eat that has little or no carbs. South Beach Diet, here I come again.

This extra weight is not good for the RA. Now that I know that I don't have cancer, I'm going to try to get the extra pounds off. I know part of my eating was just stress-driven. Comfort foods.

What is D3? Is that vitamin D???? I probably drink about 2/3 of a gallon of milk per day. Since I only walk about 100 steps per day and don't exercise, I'm very vulnerable to osteoporosis. My old doctors told me it is important to drink milk at night before going to bed to ensure that the calcium level stays up in the blood stream. You lose more calcium at night because you aren't physically moving or getting some kind of exercise while you sleep.

So I am a milkaholic. Moo, Moo. (no, I'm not talking about a Hawaiian dress! Ha, ha. Soft hugs. Joyfully
  19. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have been on this site for several years and have seen conflict abound...but only in cycles. People leave, and others come, and things calm down...and then, BAM..we're off to the races again.

I got caught up defending a person once, and let me tell you, that taught me a lesson. I hate for people to be unfairly treated and what had been said was unfair...

However, nothing good came from it.

Life is very stressful without jumping in to more. I give anything that even hints of discord a wide berth...now. When I was younger, I'm sure I would have written just what I think.

But, I've learned that very few things are important enough to lose relationships over, especially a medical treatment that is controversial, etc.

Anyway, it is safer over here. But, I still browse most of the boards to see what's happening in people's lives, check up on people I've grown to consider friends.

So, I'm glad you are all here and hope that this will continue to be a very nice place to share part of our lives together.

Have a great weekend, folks. I'm going to watch my grandson play basketball. Fun times!

20. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Thanks for the info. I take Rudy, the rescue dog, out several times every day. Since I live in Central Texas, I get LOTS of sunshine. Rudy gets walked at 6AM, 10AM, 1PM, 5PM, 8PM, and 11PM every day. I do the 10AM, 1PM, and 5PM walks. He is probably walking around 3 miles a day with me, and walking an additional 1 to 2 miles with my hubby and son.

I ride my electric mobility scooter and go all over the subdivision with him. I get so much sunshine that I deliberately wear a wide brimmed hat to keep the sun off of my face.

I also think that it is important to get sunshine. I eat alot of fruits and vegetables. I'm addicted to milk. My digestive system handles all of my zillion pills (slight exaggeration!) because of the quantity of milk that I consume daily. I drink a tall glass of milk with every pill that I swallow except the synthroid.
    Since I can't exercise, it is so important that I consume lots of calcium. I have to be careful with the calcium pills because they upset my stomach. I take only one calcium pill per day and the rest is all through milk consumption to meet my daily needs.