Terrible flare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libra55, Jun 5, 2006.

1. libra55

libra55 New Member

I had five (count 'em) social events: Seniors recognition night, Graduation, Confirmation, 60th birthday party (not me, a friend), and combined grad/confirmation party for both daughters.

I'm so tired and in so much pain. I tried to plan ahead and pace myself, and I did pretty well, but I'm still crashing. After I drove my younger daughter to school (she couldn't take the bus because she had one of those bulky project boards), I went back to bed until noon. My house looks like a bomb hit it!

I did enjoy these events though and I got some nice pictures.

Why do we have to pay for things like this? It will take me weeks now to get recovered.

Michelle
  2. Gladiatorgirl2

Gladiatorgirl2 New Member

I know what you mean........ Every time I try to make plans to do something, I take it easy for weeks before hand, but afterwards it takes me weeks to recovery. It almost makes me want to just never go anywhere or do anything, but what kind of life is that. there just is no easy answer for this is there?
  3. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi Michelle,
    I'm a newbie, about 2 weeks now and am so happy to have found you guys! I have had the worse flare ever and sicker than ever for the past year. So, when I found this site you can only imagine how happy I was!!

I'm sooooo sorry you're in such a bad flare too! Sounds like you've been way too busy these days so it's to be expected unfortunetly to feel the way you do right now:(
    I too overdue it at times and pay for it as well but have found some things that help me:
    1. Try not to worry about the way your house looks and get your girls to do some housework for you.
    2. Gentle stretching at least 2-3 times per day
    3. Take a nice hot bath with candles and a good book to read. Make sure to ask hubby to give you some time and space and maybe help with the girls!
    4. Most importantly, rest, rest, rest
    Hope you feel better soon,
    Gentle fibro-hugs, Julie ( Earthdog )
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

Thanks so much for your kind responses. I slept a lot yesterday and today and am feeling a little better.

I also have Crohn's in addition to FM so that complicates my situation. When I crash I do it big time!

Peace and (((((Hugs)))))
    Michelle
  5. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I know what you mean. I just got married in April - all the way in North Carolina (We live in California) I have finally recovered from that, but this Saturday is our local reception. So, the past few weeks I have been consumed with planning & preparing for that - mostly by myself.

My mom & sister has helped make the favors, but other than that, I've been on my own. Which is ok, everyone is busy. I work too, so I know how it goes. I just keep saying after this reception, I am not planning anything for a long time!!

I'm sure you are saying something along the same lines. I am ready for some DOWN TIME!!! Hopefully sometime before the summer is over my hubby & I can get away for the weekend for a "real" mini honeymoon.

Maybe you can get away too??? Get lots of rest & feel better!!!

Take care,

Leanne