terrible joint pain...I CANT GET UP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peachrie, Aug 3, 2006.

1. peachrie

peachrie New Member

so frustrated...its been getting worse- all of my joints hurt upon touch (major trigger points), but recently they have started creaking/clicking upon extension. i sound like an old house. after going to chiro many times, i got these popping problems where hip pops out everytime i extend.

its so bad i cant reach for things on the floor- when i get down, i cant get back up- ankles, knees, hips too weak- this has been a chronic, developing problem. i'm stuck squatting! and when i finally get up my knees feel burdened by a ton, they're really stiff and creaky, feels like going to snap. when i press on my knee, i feel crunchiness. i can't get out of a chair.

anyone else have this?? suggestions? i feel old...:(

thanks--all the best
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

peachrie,

I'm sorry that I can't help you. But, I can relate to you!

I'm in the same shape! I have terrible joint pain, too. After I have been sitting for more than 30 min., when I get up, my joints hurt so badly, that I can barely walk. I have to use my cane in the house to get around.

A lot of mine is bone pain, too.

I also have terrible knee pain. I just had surgery on one knee a few weeks ago and I have surgery on my other knee on Aug. 17th. Next year, I have to have two total knee replacements.

This joint pain is not fibro -- it's more arthritis, and possibly lupus. (I also have hip pain and pain from a pinched nerve in my back.) All I know is that I keep getting worse and worse. I can barely walk now, and can't stand up for more than 5 minutes.

I'll be watching your post .... maybe someone will give you some suggestions that may benefit me, too!! LOL

Hugs,
    Janet
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Sounds like you need to see a Rheumatologist asap. At this point, you may need to steriods to calm things down.

There are many drugs doctors now have that can help arthritis. I would not go to a chiropractor.
  4. peachrie

peachrie New Member

hi! and thanks for the posts.

i've been to the rheumy, who has confirmed fm but was one of those docs who we say are mean, uncaring. needless to say i dont go to him anymore and now i go to a pain and rehab doc. i'm really scared that its arthritis because i already have disc/nerve issues in my spine + fibro + tendonitis elsewhere.

i'm also a young woman, so could it be arthritis? i have hard time on stairs, especially, and all activities getting up. does going to a chiro make it worse? the creaking old house symptoms started then, although i had the "stuck squatting" painful/weak/stiff joints for years.

thanks--all the best, peach
  5. peachrie

peachrie New Member

jlh, thanks for your response!
    in your profile, i see that u also have cervical spine issues. so do i! i was wondering if u get constant pain in neck/trapezius from them, and if u've found any relief?

thanks!

hugs,

peach
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

Yes, I also have a lot of back issues, including cervical. I do have constant pain in the cervical area--but then, my DH has always said that I was a pain in the neck!!! LOL

Joking aside, it hurts every day. My biggest problem is sleeping. I have tried every pillow on the market, but none fit my head and neck "just right." I always wake up with my neck hurting.

My neck and shoulders hurt a lot when I type on my computer for a long time. I only have a desk top.

I have gone to physical therapy and learned exercises to strengthen the muscles in my neck. I do them every day and they do help.

I will sick which an ice pack, or a pkg. of frozen peas, on my neck when it gets too painful.

I've also been to an orthopedic surgeon to check out my back issues, but he doesn't recommend surgery at this time. It might be because my overall health is poor right now and I would be a big surgery risk.

Hope you find something that helps you!

Hugs,
    Janet