Terrible pain in the pelvic and groin area, can't hardly walk

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by SherylD, Feb 6, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I don't know what is going on..I have this pain down in the groin area..pelvic..lower abdomen..and it kinda goes down the insides of my legs.

I am having a really hard time walking it hurts sooo bad. The worst is if I try to lift my leg up. Like when I was putting on my socks.

I did a bunch of lifting yesterday..But this didn't start til about noon today. I was fine this morning except for the diarrehea I had. Which I don't know where that even came from.

Kinda feels like pulled muscles..but yet it feels like it could be my bladder or something. Cuz I have about wet my pants a couple time today. And the pain seem worse when I need to pee.

I have had something like this before but never this bad..Sometimes when my lower abdomen hurts it will be really hard for me to lift my leg to shave them in the shower. But that usually comes and goes.

I have read a lot on I.C. you don't think it is that??

Anybody ever have anything like this???

Thanks

SherylD
  2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

I have had similar pain, and for me it has been ovarian cysts, plus then I think that triggerpoints get activated. Does it seem like it is in the ovary area? Yes for me the pain went to abdomen and down the legs. One time triggerpoints all the way to my feet were activated.

If this is the problem, what helped for me was heating pad, for the short term, and rubbing out some triggerpoints. Over the long haul, what has helped is to take bio-identical prednisone and estrogen. I was diagnosed by an OBGYN by use of an ultrasound.

I would imagine your situation could be other things, however, and that you will want to be diagnosed by a doc. Could it be a bacterial infection or UTI? Or something else?

Hope you get some relief soon. Blessings to you. Jen102
  3. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

exactly as you describe when I was pregnant. They were actually my first symptoms of being pregnant! My pelvic floor ACHED and pains that seemed bone-deep ran down my inner thighs. It was painful to walk and moving to get in and out of bed was torture (muscles in inner-thighs).

I've since found an explanation on an Ehlors Danlos (sp?) website...if you are hypermobile, the additional hormone of relaxin causes softening of the joints to prepare for childbirth, and many with EHS experienced similar groin and thigh pains.

This is just from my experience, and I had it for both pregnancies. Hopefully you aren't pregnant (or are?)...but the kind of pain you describe could be related to that syndrome.
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

You might try and ride it out thru the night?
    but I'd get into the docs in the morning if it still persists. (sooner if your pain increases) ER.

I've had what your desribing and both times it was something different. Once,..it was a kidney stone.
    and next time it was a ovarian cyst.
    They both felt very simular. Do you have any side pains too?
    or does your bladder area feel very tender to press lightly? any low back pain?

could be IC also. But I don't think it would come on as fast for IC. ??? I'd think you'd have symptoms before,and increasingly they'd get worse over months.??
    Just my thoughts` Im really no pro at IC,..
    But I suspect I have it.
    Ya better lay low for now,..and try to stay off your feet. Use a heating pad on low if ya have one.
    I pray your better soon and its not either of the 2 things I suspect.
    One last question.
    is it near or at the time of your monthly?

let us know what happens,K?
    hugs
    Tandy
  5. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I don't think it is a hernia???But you never no.

I have not had hysterectomy..The only reason I say my bladder is because of how it seems to be worse when I need to urninate and I can hardly make it to the bathroom.

It doesn't feel like it is my ovaries..

I was think of going out and getting in my hot tub. Maybe that will help..and maybe a little ibuprfen..

I certainly hope I am not like this for 6-9 months!! I can barely breath when I walk..And now I have hurt like this all day and I am really starting to hurt bad everywhere. It just makes me tense everywhere and you know what that does to us!

I doesn't hurt so bad when I am sitting..But I have presure..And It feels swollen down there.

6. SherylD

SherylD Guest

No pain in my side..Yes my lower back is now hurting.

My lower abdomen is really puffed out..Which it does that quiet a bit. But it all feels connected.

No..it's not that time of the month..Not for a couple more weeks. I maybe was just ovulation time last weekend?? Not sure.

It really hurts in the muscles around where you urinate(not sure what to call it) when I walk.

Really hard to explain...Plus my neck is acting like it wants to lock up..I feel like my whole body is getting tense from all the pain.

I will see how it is tomorrow..I will have to go to the DR. if it is not better..And I do hair..I have a really busy day working tomorrow..Should be interresting!

Thanks everybody!
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

Sounds alot like kidney stones.
    But could be IC or just a bad UTI.???
    I get that too when you can't hold your urine.
    yes,..I've leaked as well.

Please,rest as much as you can.
    Cause whenever I've had this pain, being on my feet or walking made it 10 times worse!!
    I hope your pain eases with rest.
    otherwise I don't know how your gonna do hair tomorrow!?
    (and I know right where you mean as far as the pain in your crotch) hey! thats what I call it!
    lol
    no better way to describe it :)

get better
    Hugs
    Tandy
  8. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I have had simullar pain when I have had a UTI..But this is worse..It was only down one leg in the past.

This is my whole crotch..low abdomen..and down my legs.

Do you think if it's not better to first get a unine culture??

I just don't get the sudden onset..My pants were a little tight today..maybe the pressure of my pants??

I think I will be fine standing doing hair..It's the after I'm done part that worries me..I think it will all be worse because I get achy down there and my abdomen puffs outs when I work all day as it is..

I'll just see I guess..It is something I really need to get checked out..I pretty sure from what I've read about I.C. that I have it..but does it get like this??

Each time I get the pain it does seem to get worse. The one time I went to the dr. when I had the pain going down my leg I did have a UTI. Just seems all connected.

Thanks so much

SherylD
  9. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

I have had this happen once. It's been over a year now. The sunburned/sore skin pain started inside my left ankle, traveled up the inside of my leg through the groin area [also causing colon spasms] and then moved down the inside of my right leg to my right foot.

For about 2 days I was in severe pain. The colon spasms were awful.

Because it was the same sunburned feeling I get on my arms and face , I attributed it to this DD.

I hope this is what yours is and that it soon goes away.

Wren
    [This Message was Edited on 02/10/2006]
  10. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I have not ate anything different( well that different)..I have had a couple pieces of bread here and there..OHHHHH..

I did have Chilli the day before with bread and natural peanut butter on it.. I guess I have had a few "regular" foods that I have not eated in a while..But no sweets.

I did have diarrehae all morning before I started feeling like this..I went probably about 6 times then I was fine..And then a little bit later this pain started..

And I have been drinking my cherry juice again. Which has helped with my pain..Other that this pain..LOL Neck and jaw seem better..

It's not as bad today..I did have a heck of a time shaving my legs. It is really hard for me to lift my legs...I know this is realated to what I have had it the past..Just this is worse..I think I had these problems when I was pg with my daughter..I always had a heck of a time lifting my leg then.. and I had all these pains down there..He just said it was my muscles from having a second child..I don't think that was it..Plus then and now I about pee my pants before I get to the bathroom.

I am wondering about (I'm sorry I forget who said this) my bladder dropping..My Mom has even mentioned it..And I was lifting a lot of things on Sunday..

All I know is I hope it goes away soon..But It will be worse because I have to work allll day..So I will be on my feet all day.

I let you how it doing..Thank to everybody!! I am off on Thur. maybe I will call and go to the dr...

SherylD

11. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

When my FM should it's ugly head with a vengance this summer, one of the places that hurt me the most was inbtween my uppertighs,lower abs and ribs.

I even went to gyn thinking my endometriosis came back.

Even now that I am trying to get back in the gym I am scared to death to work my inner thighs.

Just today I went to the gym..did no inner thigh and yet I can feel that pain in that same place.I feel it just enough to make me a bit paranoid.

I know that FM can settle in just about any pasrt of the body.Why the inner thighs I will never know but I know just how you feel.

You just need to try and rest,no lifting today and put a heating pad in that painful area.You might feel weird doing it but who cares.If it hurts a heating will sometimes work.

I made a rythme without even trying.

Sheila
  12. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thanks...Now today I am noticing that I have other pain..Like a flare. My arms ache when I do stuff..YOu know..

So maybe...But no rest for me today..I have to work all day. Hoping to take it easy tomorrow. I don't think I will have a choice by tomorrow..

SherylD
  13. mary124

mary124 New Member

Doesn't sound like IC-- more like a cyst. (Had one many years ago, did a ultrasound. Could be your bladder dropping as well. I go do the doctor if the pain persists.
  14. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

My doctor told me I have deterioration and arthritis in my pelvic bone and pubic bone. Ouch. No replacements available for those. I have pain there too and it sure hurts at times. One day I was at work and walked across the small office, and I had a severe pain there, and let out a loud OUCH. I was in the office with a young guy and he got all worried about me. I told him I was fine. Sure didnt want to tell him it was my pubic bone arthritis. LOL
    I am not that old either, 50, dont know what will happen if it continues to get worse. Take care. Pat
  15. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Ok, I read where you said you had D. six times and then the pain started? Sounds like somethings going on with your colon ? Don't you love all of us Diagnosticians on this board :) Drinking some Aloe Vera juice may help??
    Hope you will see the doctor...

-Laura
  16. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Msmoody..Did you feel fine one second and then not be able to walk the next?? And did you get UTIs?? How did they figure out that is what it was??? WHat test did they do?? What did they do to fix it??I know hundred questions..LOL

Laura..Thanks for responding..I do the aloe everyday...I am going to call the dr. tomorrow..I was to busy today to call..I want to at least get a urine culture done.

Thanks
  17. SherylD

SherylD Guest

When I first starting having pain down my leg before..I thought it was my uterus or ovaries..I had an ultrasound done.. and that was all fine..That was maybe in Dec.

And when the pain was going down my leg and had the urine test done I did have a UTI.. so that is why I think it is realated to my bladder..Does resemble cramps from my period..achy and my stomach is sticking way out..I look pg..Especially like now after I have worked all day. Lower bach aches...And lots of pressure down butt and everything.

I know I need to get it figured out..
  18. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I asume you had a lot of pressure everywhere down there..When ever this is bad I feel like my hemmriods are bad too..Just cuz of the pressure...

Sex does not feel the greatest.. And my lower ab is sticking out, achy and hard to lift my legs for a few days after..I think I notice I get that pain down my leg some times after we have sex or if I wear tighter jeans. This time wasn't the case..We haven't done anything lately.

Everything does feel swollen..and kinda numb..

What test did they do to find out that was the problem??

19. SherylD

SherylD Guest

So what Dr. did you go to for this?? YOur reg. Dr. or a gyn?? Or a uroligist??
  20. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Did your symptoms kinda come and go with UTIs and stuff before it got really bad??

I just really wonder..If it's not this, there is something definetly wrong and has been wrong for a long time..Like 6 years for sure( on and off). I go to the gyno reg. and he says all that is fine..but I haven't been now for about a year..

And I told my husband about the pain with sex..he is scared to touch me now..Between my all over pain and then pain with sex..Im doomed!

But this weekend..Sat. I walked all over all day long..(went shopping)..Then Sun. I moved some things at my mom store..Lifted a lot of things..And then Mon. morning I was sitting on the toilet with diarrehea..Also If I sit on the toilet to long I get sooo much pressure..I feel like I want to push stuff back up..

I'm calling the dr. tomorrow..I'll go see my reg. dr. and ask her to send me to a uroligist..

Thanks so much for answering all my questions..I need to go to bed..I am sooo tired. I will let you know how I am tomorrow..And I will probably have more questions..LOL