Terribly Impatient

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aberlaine, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I was reading an article on About.com which describes what's involved in fibro fog: dyscalculia -- a learning disability that deals with math. It's similar to dysphasia, which includes those word-finding difficulties so many of us have.

They also had a link to some games you could play to exercise your brain. Like Sudoku, Tetris, Boggle and others. My problem with these games is I don't have the patience to finish any of them.

Have any of you found that, when you start something and find that you're the least bit challenged, you lose patience with that activity? I can only do Level 1 Sudoku and only until I experience some concentration issues. Then I quit. If I don't, I get very anxious.
  2. quanked

quanked Member

I can remember a time when I would struggle with things until I got it figured out. In time I found out that I would stick with it much longer than most people I knew--I know that they thought I was nuts.

Now, you hit it on the nail head--any kind of challenge and I just let go of it and I can experience some anxiety about the activity depending on what it is and how important it may be. I hate this.
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

easy games--one is Word Mojo--kind of like scrabble but easier to play by yourself.

sometimes I play collapse or bejeweled too

4. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

That is why I USED to be an accountant in my other life.

I could rattle off a number I had only heard once, remember figures better than names, now I'm lucky if I can remember my own name.

I used to be able to do Suduko, hard, hard hard ones. Now I don't have the patience to finish even a lower level. That has been within the last couple of months. BUMMER.

Welcome to your new life Aberlaine.
    Sucks don't it.
  5. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I'm constantly reading at least two books at a time. But my concentration and short term memory is affected and I can't remember what I've read. I belong to a f2f book group of retired ladies from where I used to work. In order to be able to discuss our monthly selection with any sort of intelligence, I need to write down what I found interesting, upsetting, or a literary jewel.

I go to the AARP website when I feel like being challenged by a game. There's no money involved and I can usually choose a beginner level. If I feel like it, I go on to the next step. My scores are kept so I can see how I'm doing against myself.