terrrible pain and burning in legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaW, Feb 21, 2003.

1. LindaW

LindaW New Member

I've had such terrible pain and burning in my legs this week, I can hardly walk. I"m just scuffling around this house. My husband is a teacher so he is off this week, and I can't do anything. I really feel bad for him. I try not to complain and say anything, but it sure is hard to pretend you can walk, when the pain is so extreme. I am so tired of this- when is it ever going toend? I feel like I am going to lose my mind today. Thanks for listening, maybe I just needed to vent.
    Linda
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

Hi Linda,
    I too have the terrible pain in my legs. In fact, my legs aching were my first symptoms of fms. I am having a flair also, cannot sleep and shuffle around the house. My legs feel as if there is electricity running threw them. I feel blessed that I do not have terminal cancer! when I am in a flair, my mantra is, "this too will pass" and I thank God for my blessings. Man, it is hard to get out of this funk!!! We are all in this together and know EXACTLY how you feel. Blessings to you Linda
    Judy
  3. irish.me

irish.me New Member

Hi Linda, I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well at all. I understand your frustration. I was thinking just this morning how this stinks for my family too. I have also had a bad week. The burning and awful pain like you have.
    I understand about the not complaining. I'm like you that way..but I am thinking of finding a way to help my children understand that this is for real. I sent away for some information this morning. It's a hard week emotionally, my daughter turned 16 yesterday, and today is the 5th anniversary of my mother's death. Next month is the second anniversary of my father's death. Guess this just isn't a good time of year for me. Guess I am venting too. Wish I was more help to you. But wanted to let you know that I understand how you are feeling.
    hugs,
    mary
  4. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Dear Linda,

I can't hardly stand to hear of people suffering from
    leg pain. I worked for 13 years with other symptoms of FM.
    But, when the hard, strobbing, pain started, I had to give
    up a fantastic job. I know we all hurt, but, the legs have
    been my biggest problem to deal with.

Just wondering? do you take Magnesium? And/or Muscle
    relaxers? These 2 things are the best way I can find to
    get any relief, besides the Ultram I take.

When my phyc do told me to start taking the Magnesium
    I was floored to see the difference. I mean not a complete
    miracle, but, at least some relief.

I know how you feel, I think it's good for us both to
    vent. At least it helped me.

Best wishes;
    LadyDi/diane