Test for virus levels

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Evadyl, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Evadyl

Evadyl New Member

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if someone could advise me about what tests I need to have done to check my virus levels. Is it a simple viral screen. I would also like to have my mycoplasma checked too.

If anyone can advise me on what to ask my doctor for exactly as he's very unwilling to help but I just really want to have these checked. Is there anywhere else I could have these tests besides my doctors office.

Thanks

Evadyl
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

3. Evadyl

Evadyl New Member

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Some are more sensitive than others. One which measures the viral load, especially with Herpes-Family Viruses, will be more helpful than one which just shows pos. or neg. I do not know the names of these tests, but I bet someone here does.

With mycoplasmas, it takes PCR DNA testing to find it. Even then, there is a high liklihood of a false neg. The blood must be drawn late in the day, kept cool, and sent overnight to the lab. The half-life of mycoplasma DNA is only 24 hrs., so if the test isn't done withing a day, half of the DNA is too degraded to be of any value. You can go to Dr. Garth Nicolson's website, Immed, and read more about mycoplasmas.

Love, Mikie
  5. yesnettv

yesnettv New Member

You can order ;your ownlab tests at www.directlabs.com Callthem and they will help you.
  6. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

Candida
    EBV
    Mycoplasma
    Lyme
    CMV
    HHV6